We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why cant I book with Egyptair for Feb !!!

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Why cant I book with Egyptair for Feb !!!

Hi All,

I have been trying to book a daytrip from Luxor to Cairo with Egyptair.I have taken everyones advice and put Egypt in the top right as my home country,so far so good.I get right through to the verification page for the credit card then nothing zilch ZERO.I have tried this 11 times I even got my son to "have a go" he had the same trouble,and he is a computer wizz.I rang credit card and no transactions have debited my account. So WHAT GOING ON.

Has anyone else had this trouble.

Can anyone help with suggestions or advice.

I have come sooo far with this trip I dont want to fall at the last fence

Thanks Cooe

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
377 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why cant I book with Egyptair for Feb !!!

I just posted practically this same post! Maybe Egypt Air is getting more diligent on their end and are trying to keep the cheaper prices for the Egyptians? I guess we can find solace in not being the only people with problems booking with Egypt Air.

Devon
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why cant I book with Egyptair for Feb !!!

My only advice is keep trying! I went on line and tryed to book 3 internal flights on Egyptair and it drove me mad as it kept letting me get so far and then no further just like yourself. Either that or the price kept going up. I kept trying and in the end got the cheapest price I could and managed to book it. So far the money has been debited from my credit card and I have confirmation on e-mail, so it's looking good.

I have also been advised that when we get there we should confirm flights with an Egyptair office. Good luck!

Cilla

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Why cant I book with Egyptair for Feb !!!

Hi MA and Devon Lulu,

I have just tried to book again but used UK as home country,had no probs getting seats and right upto verification page.

Only difference was the PRICE

UK = 3 return flights Luxor?/Cairo same day £290.70

EGYPT = same details EGP£ 1131.00 = £113ish depends on exchange rate. £177 is HUGE difference.

I will keep on trying Lulu,but I dont know if my nerves will stand it.I have a feeling that I might go through realegypt which will obviously be more expensive but what is the price of sanity.

Regards Cooe

UK
Level Contributor
495 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Why cant I book with Egyptair for Feb !!!

Hi I have just booked flights for in March and had no problems, maybe just keep trying??

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,905 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why cant I book with Egyptair for Feb !!!

I am not a computer techie or anything remotely similar but I found that if I went on the tools button and click on delete browsing history then go back onto Egyptair's website that I could book my flights with ease. Don't know if it will work for you but might be worth a try ;-)

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Why cant I book with Egyptair for Feb !!!

Hi Moham and Kazl,

I didnt have a Clue what you meant so my son did what you suggested.By the way does anyone else have trouble with this site ie It takes ages to change pages,some of the blank fields take forever to use ie the date of travel box drives me NUTS.

Anyway eventually reached the credit card verification page then says "Your transaction has been unsuccessful an error has occured.I rang the credit card company and was told a fee was showing on my account for $1 for services on the same date.I am starting to get Paranoid.

I will keep trying but it really is getting to me,at this rate if i have no joy I will wait till I get to Luxor and take my chances.

Regards Cooe

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,905 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why cant I book with Egyptair for Feb !!!

Hi, yes I have had trouble with the website but in the end got the flights. I had a lot of probs with the actual first page filling in dates then pressing enter to get the flights....lot of swearing followed!

I don't know why some people have a problem and others don't ...could be either something we are doing wrong or maybe it is something to do with our computers.

It is worth your while to keep on trying as the flights are a bargain...failing that why don't you contact an agency in Luxor if you want to book a guide as well who will probably be able to organise the flights for you as a whole package? Easily done online and in my opinion the better option during peak season. The agents mostly charge the same price for the flights as what you will pay online if you do it this way.

I have been to Cairo twice and found it to be one of the most fascinating cities I have ever been to. It is worth every penny and more..oh and the frustration of Egyptair!

Karen

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Why cant I book with Egyptair for Feb !!!

Hi,

I had a few problems earlier this year too, but someone suggested i disable my privacy option on my security on the pc, whilst i booked the tickets,and it worked perfectly. Before i did this, i had blank pages, errors etc, and couldnt complete the sale.

You could give it a try i guess...it worked for me.

Jan

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Why cant I book with Egyptair for Feb !!!

Hi

i dont know if it helps but i have just booked 3 one day returns in June with Egypyair with no problems, i did put Egypt as country of origin,hope you manage to get your booking

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Why cant I book with Egyptair for Feb !!!

Hi All,

Long time no type ! I read all the suggestions as to how to get around problems booking my daytrip to Cairo with Egyptair and as I have said before I'm no computer bod so I asked my son for help.

Tip 1 deal with cookies he did this NO LUCK

Tip 2 drop firewall for a milli second he was not happy about this at all but because I have tried everything else he did. O.M.G.

Computer was infected with a TROJAN HORSE (how did it get in as I shut the stable door)

Needless to say I have only just got back on line what with Christmas/New Year and son not available to come and do the necessary fiddley type things.

Still no flights booked no one can say I havent tried,huge thanks to everyone who tried to help with advice and general info it wasnt meant to be.

Regards Cooe.

PS leaving 4 weeks tomorrow cant wait !!!