We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi & driver for the day

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
rotherham
Level Contributor
50 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
taxi & driver for the day

how much would taxi & driver for the day cost. So we can go to the main attractions in luxor there will be 4 adults traveling. And what 5 attractions would you recomend.

regards Andy

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,905 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi & driver for the day

You could probably get a taxi for around £20 - £30 for the day depending on how long you were there for.

Recommendations on the West Bank....

Valley of Kings and Artisans

Medinat Habu

Queen Hatshepsut's temple

On the East Bank

Luxor temple

Karnak temple

You wouldn't be able to do all these on a day trip. I would do the West Bank on arriving then go to the East Bank and maybe pick one of the temples.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi & driver for the day

Hi I booked Tayeb on recommendation from TA for the day and he charged 150le ( less than £15 ) for the whole day. He has the standard old 7 seater peugeot and the cost wasper car not person.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,905 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi & driver for the day

Sorry I should of clarified what the price was for too. The price I quoted you would be for an air con good quality car...not the usual taxis that are in and around Luxor. (some have to be seen to be believed!!!) This price would be per car not per person.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,089 posts
230 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxi & driver for the day

If you are not going in the summer heat then there is nothing really wrong with a scruffy old taxi. I find them quite fun. The driver will recognise you when you come out of each place, don't worry.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxi & driver for the day

Avoid a beaten up old taxi at all costs although they are in the process of upgrading he taxis and this should be completed in another 12 months. If you require the services of an honest driver for the day who has a new air conditioned Toyota and which will cost you per car as quoted in previous posts, send me a message privately via trip advisor and I will give you his details. Reliable and with good English, you can be sure that you won't be ripped off or harrassed and he is an experienced tourist operator.

Dehra Dun
Level Contributor
251 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxi & driver for the day

Hi,

I'm just back from Luxor, so let me tell you this: For west bank, take a government ferry across Nile at 2LE per person, walk 50meters from the landing to your left, you will reach a taxi stand with dozens of taxi's waiting. Maximum price should be 100LE per day for the whole taxi. You can choose as good a taxi as you wish.

Also do not negotiate with anyone on the ferry for the taxi, no matter how sincere the person appears to be as they are all touts.

Do not take a taxi from the East Bank to the west bank as it not only is more costly, but it entails a drive of around 10kms extra, to cross the Nile Bridge.

Nitin

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: taxi & driver for the day

Hi - I just felt that I needed to point out that the driver we used Tayeb WAS an honest hard working man with a wife and 5 children to support. Ok his car is an old one but this did not make him dishonest in any way. He was reliable, his English was very good and nothing was too much trouble. We were his guests and he gave us a fab day.

Kent
Level Contributor
325 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: taxi & driver for the day

I have used the car and driver recommended by Bellydancer 13 he is a very nice man with a very clean good quality car. We used him to pick us up from the airport too, it saved the hassel of waiting for the tour operators coach, he met us in the entry hall before the visa area. If his car is too small he has the use of an air con mini bus too. We also used him during the week and if you give him a time I bet he will be within 1 minute of it!

Regards Jane

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: taxi & driver for the day

Thanks Queenisis! Heard you had a great trip. I'll be there Jan 15 & can hardly wait.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,008 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: taxi & driver for the day

drnitin is right. We do exactly the same. Get the local ferry, but avoid any offers anyone will probably make of a taxi. Go to the west bank taxi rank and negotiate there. Much cheaper than prebooking one fron east side.