We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Floating restaurants?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
934 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Floating restaurants?

I'm sure I read about floating restaurants / Nile dinner cruises but when I've searched they are all mentioned in the Cairo forum - are there any in Luxor? Will the closest be a meal on a felucca??

J*

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Floating restaurants?

Hi Jameos see http://www.nile-restaurant-cruises.com/

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
934 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Floating restaurants?

thanks nana, that looks fab, if not a little pricey, would need to get rid of the kids for the evening! Maybe we could send them on a felucca, lol!?

J*

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Floating restaurants?

Hi found it last year and we were planning to eat there in Nov when we spent the week end in Luxor but just did not have enough time. It is dearer than the average restaurant but does look and sound fab.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
384 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Floating restaurants?

Hi -

Just returned. We did a felucca dinner in Luxor and a dinner cruise in Cairo. Not enough wind for the fellucas to work so we wound up on a motorboat which I don't regret. The people on the felluca's looked a bit strange being laboriously "poled " along the river edge to get them to move. 170EL (for adults) plus all sorts of taxes for the extremely cheesy Nile Pharaoh out of Giza and 90US$ for the 6 of us for the "felucca" cruise.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
934 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Floating restaurants?

Hi MA, who did you book with?

J*

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
384 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Floating restaurants?

We didn't book with anyone for the NIle Pharaoh - we had our hotel call to make the reservation and then we taxied over after doing some shopping at Khan el Khalili. In Luxor, we used Jane Akshar of Flats in Luxor for everything.

Save Reply
7. Re: Floating restaurants?

We had a great egyptian dinner on our own motorboat complete with birthday cake. There was no wind, so we took motorboat out in lieu of a felucca.

It was arranged by www.flatsinluxor.com where we stayed.

We did take a nile dinner cruise in cairo. It was ok. The one in Luxor was the best.

Another great place to eat is sofra on the east bank.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
934 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Floating restaurants?

Thanks everyone for your replies, it's been a great help.

J*

England
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Floating restaurants?

If you want something less elaborate (and less expensive) than the ones on Nile-Restaurant-Cruises, I think the Lotus boat (which also does the Dendera day trip) does a lunchtime short cruise with lunch on some days.

The Cocktail bar (at the Mercure Hotel end of the Corniche) is a floating but stationary bar that does snacks.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
934 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Floating restaurants?

Onecantuca, would you have any more details on the Lotus boat AND the Dendera day trip?

Thanks,

J*

Get answers to your questions about Luxor