We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MS Magic Nile Cruise ship

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool
Level Contributor
135 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
MS Magic Nile Cruise ship

Has any one been on the MS Magic, any info would be helpful.

Gloucestershire UK
Level Contributor
341 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MS Magic Nile Cruise ship

Wife and I both enjoyed our week long trip last year. Please email me if you require more info. You may find other posts here if you search for Magic.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
749 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MS Magic Nile Cruise ship

Hi,

try typing "MS Magic" in to the search bar...

and lots of info there.

uk
Level Contributor
592 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MS Magic Nile Cruise ship

Ms Magic, 5 star all the way.

worcestershire
Level Contributor
213 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MS Magic Nile Cruise ship

I returned a week ago from Magic 1 and it is fantastic. Staff, crew, cabins, food, Egyptologists, all are fantastic. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them. If you like an early morning cuppa, and on the cruise early really is early, take a travel kettle for your room, but keep it out of sight or they will confiscate it until you leave. They worry it is a fire hazard that is all. If you can afford the Abu Simbel trip at £115, do it it is wonderful to watch the sunrise and shine on the wonderful temple. I am in love with the Nile Valley as my 500+ photos will testify, but I would not consider going on any other ship, we went through quite a few when they were docked next to each other. Going through the dam at Esna on the return from Aswan it most entertaining. The guys selling merchandise from the side of the lock throw towels and rugs up to the deck and then barter a price. The only thing I would not repeat was the light and sound show at Karnak. The temple is amazing but the show was a disappointment. Again, if you need any further advice please let me know, you will have a wonderful time. And by the way, no poorly tummies were had.

UK
Level Contributor
340 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MS Magic Nile Cruise ship

Hi chris.

Can you tell me what the weather was like for you on your Nile cruise? I'm assuming you went round about 20th March?? We cant decide if to go in February or mid-March next year. Just worried Feb might not be warm enough for us! Also looking at MS Magic. Did you go with Cosmos?

Thanx

UK
Level Contributor
495 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: MS Magic Nile Cruise ship

There are far nicer boats to go on than Ms Magic, I would have a look round at the other choices first as this was not the nicest one I have been on.

worcestershire
Level Contributor
213 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MS Magic Nile Cruise ship

Hi we did go March 24th, and the weather was lovely, though a little cool on a couple of evenings around 10 when on the top deck. My son went in February and he said it was not too bad either. I would go myself again around end March or early April. Not too hot when at the various sites. I did see another reply that said there were other boats nicer, of course that is all in the eye of the beholder. We would go back to Magic every time! We did go through quite alot of boats and they were not bad, though did think some had a strange smell! I think it was a testiment that no one was ill at all on our boat. Any other queries just ask!

worcestershire
Level Contributor
213 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: MS Magic Nile Cruise ship

Sorry forgot to say we went with Archers direct and found we were paying £200 less than the Cosmos travellers.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,091 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: MS Magic Nile Cruise ship

Hi All

I'm fairly new to the Egypt Forum,

I'd like to ask, What is a good price for a 7 night nile cruise ?

I've seen various prices ranging from £350 - £800, obviously you get what you pay for- Do the cheaper prices include the excursions ?

thanks , i'm looking to go next Jan/Feb. Is it best to book nearer the time or well in advance ?

cheers

Jess UK

UK
Level Contributor
340 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: MS Magic Nile Cruise ship

Many thanks chris. Have now booked for mid March on Magic. Were able to use Tesco vouchers with Cosmos so got a great price!!