We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Preferred Rooms at JV

London, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Preferred Rooms at JV

Can anyone suggest the best rooms at JV, some say by the Nile but others say quieter away from the Nile? Any preferences? Can these be booked in advance?

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Preferred Rooms at JV

I have only ever stayed in J (opp the Nile and gardens and not far from the infinity pool)and M block(kind of to the east of J block but further away and facing gardens). Both of these were fine for me. None were noisy at all. The rooms are spread out over the complex. I don't think they allow booking in advance but might be worthwhile you emailing them just incase. If you are not happy with your room they will move you if they can anyway.

Karen

w-s-m
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Preferred Rooms at JV

Just got back from the JV and cannot say enough about this place!!.. would suggest the room P14 is about the best.. but the hotel has a new policy of NOT allocating a room .. but you know how all things in egypt work!! tip and you never know what will happen!!.. we spent a very happy week in this room, an absolute haven and must be the best place on earth. Staff, food, guests, and everything is great.. not a bad word to say about it... take note JV .. I want a discount next time I come!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Preferred Rooms at JV

PennersW, thanks, can't wait for my trip, as this is my first time to Egypt, and you have only recently returned, any tips you can pass on would be very grafully received.

w-s-m
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Preferred Rooms at JV

Hi only a few, and the rest is common sense.. remember to "tip". it is the main source of income as the wages are very low. Drink lots of bottled water, and remember always to wash your hands.. the money is very dirty!!.. but most of all have a great time, the Egyptian people are a great bunch, and will help you as you are a tourist and are spending MONEY...you will enjoy yourself and meet some fantastic people as well.

5. Re: Preferred Rooms at JV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 12:21