We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here we come!!!

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Here we come!!!

Picked our tickets up today!

Nile Palace here we come...11th June

Trips are booked with the reallifeegypt.com..looking forward to meeting you Janet :-)

Jan

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Here we come!!!

Hi Jan - have a great time - pity Kazl wont be there when you arrive. We fly out next Sat and cant wait.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Here we come!!!

Yes nana, i was thinking it was a pity that she wouldn't still be in Luxor.

Hope you have a great time too nana :-)

Jan

cumbria
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Here we come!!!

i missed Kaz last time there by a week, if you want to meet up Jan let me know and we can sort something out

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Here we come!!!

Hi Ray,

Yes that would be good :-)

Jan

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,863 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Here we come!!!

Hi Jan we have a busy week planned in Sharm but will try to relax as well. Wish me luck with Easyjet!! Sunshine here we come xxx

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,909 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Here we come!!!

I never seem to be there when everyone else is! Are you all avoiding me?!!! Have a great time Jan...I went to the Nile palace a couple of times during the week. The whirling dervish show is very good, try and catch it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Here we come!!!

We are leaving on the 11th June too! Cannot wait. We are staying at the Maritim Jolie hotel. Anyone else staying around then? Happy to meet up as we are first timers to Luxor and are a bit unsure about what to do, where to go etc...

Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Here we come!!!

Hi Jan and hi Ray,

Hope to meet up sometime when you are here. It's getting pretty hot now. Often go in the Nile Palace to watch the show so hopefully see you there next week. Anyone staying in Luxor should go and watch the show at least once, it's well worth it. Definitely the best, free, one and half hours entertainment around at the moment. Met up with Kazl there on a couple of nights. Shame she's not still here. She says next time she will most definitely make it 2 weeks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Here we come!!!

What are these shows they have at the hotel? I havent heard about these. We are staying at the Jolie Ville. Is it easy to get from there to the Nile Hotel?

Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Here we come!!!

Hi,

The Show is a group of young Egyptian dancers and they are very good. The highlight of it is a 15 -20 minute slot when the whirling dirvish's or "tanouras" perform. They are truly amazing, mesmerising to watch. Show starts at 8.30pm and finishes at 10pm. Nile Palace is about 5 - 10 mins taxi ride from the JV. It used to be Le Meridian and many taxi drivers and locals still refer to it and that.