We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ive caught the egypt bug

scotland
Level Contributor
352 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
ive caught the egypt bug

For the typical uk tourist...

I must be really quite sad-cos I LOVED my holiday last month to Luxor and cant stop raving /preaching about it..I am fairly 'well travelled-(europe holiday normal destinations')-so I thought!but I have never felt this way about somewhere else that Ive been on 'Holiday before'-it really has changed my whole perception on life/culture/holidays....anyone who is checking this site because they are considering visiting/or booked due to cheap deal...-you dont know what your going to experience-immense...I LOVED IT>>>

I have also just learned of this site and have looked up previous places Ive visited-----NOTHING COMPARES TO THE LUXOR FORUM..it seems like I found everyone who has visited wants to share all.

KEEP UP THE GOOD PUBLICITY...

CHECK OUT MY OTHER POSTINGS AND FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME...Sandra

Luxor/UK
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ive caught the egypt bug

No your'e not sad Sandra. So pleased to read your post. I felt the same way after my first visit and now I live here. How lucky am I?

You will find many on this site that feel the same way, welcome to the "club"!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ive caught the egypt bug

Welcome to the "Lovers of Luxor" forum.

I too must admit that on my first trip to Egypt when I flew in Cairo I thought to myself I'm home". And of all the places that I visited in Egypt that first time, I just fell in love with Luxor. Now I have connections in Luxor and visit four to five times a year and the thrill of flying into the Luxor Airport never diminishes.

So you are not sad - just passionate and very lucky to have fallen in "love".

Best wishes.

UK
Level Contributor
495 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ive caught the egypt bug

I don't know what it is but it's just a truly amazing feeling isn't it when you fly into Luxor, I love it and now my daughter has got the bug(she's only 11) and has said it's her ambition to live and work there. I hope she does, I'll have somewhere to stay!!

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,291 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ive caught the egypt bug

I like Luxor very much, but I think you should see Aswan, which is at least as nice.

Also, the London forum here is very good.

UK
Level Contributor
495 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ive caught the egypt bug

Yes I love Aswan too but not as much as Luxor, thats my 2nd home!!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ive caught the egypt bug

Hi sbboss

I only discovered the forums in general this year while planning a trip to Malaysia, but since discovering the Luxor forum, it’s such a wonderful place!! Although I’ve been travelling to Luxor for many years, and also look upon it as my ‘second home’, I’ve picked up a few new tips from the many people who regularly visit the forum.

So, you are not a ‘sad’ person at all, you’re just a new member of the Luxor fan club!!

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ive caught the egypt bug

Hi Sandra it 'gets' most people! Don't tell too many travellers how wonderful Luxor is, keep the secret!

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ive caught the egypt bug

Oh, you are not sad at all ;-) Happy to see others who love Egypt/Luxor the same way it usually saddens me when some travellers does not "get it" and returns home with a loud "NEVER AGAIN". But each to her own and all that :-)

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ive caught the egypt bug

Luxor is my first Love too,and still going strong :-)

Just returned from 2 weeks,and wishing i was still there :-(

cumbria
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: ive caught the egypt bug

yep it's the best place on earth, the way England is at the moment and i can't see it getting any better, my might make Luxor my fixed address :)

Get answers to your questions about Luxor