We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxurious Nile Cruises

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
3,193 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Luxurious Nile Cruises

just as many people would like to look for the most luxurious and top 5 star experience while cruising the River Nile so I thought to ask every one here to give us his/her experience in case you have been on a cruise that you can really call it a luxurious 5 star experience, so please give us your comments

thanks for all of you

Essex
Level Contributor
47 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxurious Nile Cruises

I know you are looking for positive replies....but...under no circumstances book the Grand Glory. We had engine fumes coming into our cabin, which was giving us headaches, scared to hell we would be found dead. Lots of people had food poisoning us included. I'm sure there are good nile boats but not convinced worth the money for one.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,193 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxurious Nile Cruises

thanks for your reply, I want also to mention to all people visiting this thread that there is also another thread about cruise comments either good or bad, as there is a cruise recommendation list on the FAQ of luxor forum, and your comment for sure count with us and will be updated to the list immediately

the link for the thread of the cruise comments is

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294205-i9426-k207…

Nile_Cruises_opinions_for_YOU_and_from_YOU-Luxor_Nile_River_Valley.html

thanks a lot for sharing your opinion with us

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxurious Nile Cruises

The Jasmine - nothing else compares with their food, service and accommodation - all combined to give a fantastic & memorable 5 star experience. We sailed on the Renaissance this year and it didn't come close to the Jasmine. Food and service was very ordinary.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,193 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxurious Nile Cruises

thanks for sharing your experience, wish others also can share so I can make another list of delux cruises

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,193 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxurious Nile Cruises

pushing forward to get more replies

South Wales Gwent
Level Contributor
236 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxurious Nile Cruises

The Crown Prince

We have Cruised on this boat twice and wouldn't hesitate to go back on it, cannot fault anything about it.

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,193 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxurious Nile Cruises

pushig forward to get more replies

England
Level Contributor
761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Luxurious Nile Cruises

The Sonesta St George 1 nile cruise rated 5* deluxe

What can I say, the boat was fabulous.

The lobby has a beautiful enormous crystal chandalier as a centre piece to greet you when boarding. The front desk was manned 24/7 on this level there was also a jewellers and a large lounge bar with comfortable chairs and settees. On the opposite side where cabins. These had the credit card style key which are ok but frequently dont work.

The deck below had a small seating area toilets and t large dinning room. Tables were allocated on the first meal and were kept for the whole cruise.The food was lovely with a vast selectioncatering for varied tastes, breakfast and lunch were buffet style and there was a 4 course plus cheese, biscuits tea/coffee for dinner.At dinner we were given a menu and for each course there was a choice. Mels wearnt at a set time , for example lunch was between 1-2.30pm dinner 8- 9.30pm. Previously I have found that although the deserts looked good they were rather bland, on the St George they was gorgeous and a very large variety each day.

The third floor had cabins on both sides a small central seating area with piano.

The floor above had cabins and at the front of the boat a panoramic lounge although it didnt seem to be used much.There was also a beauty room for massage and treatments a wellness room with gym equipment and asmall gift shop. The open top deck had a large pool with a jacuzzi and sunbeds/parasolls at one side and a covered seating area with tables chairs and a cinstant water mister which kept the temperature down a bit. There was also a bar,free beverages and cakes were served between 5-6pm .

The cabins were a reasonable size with duvets on the beds, there was plasma tv, internet access (but my dauhter said it was very expensive and slow) a variety of beverages with kettle,these were topped up on request and were free. There was a dressing table and also table and chairs the window ran the width of the room and could be openned to half way but there was no balcony just a safety rail.There was a minifridge stocked,(not free) and wall safe. Within the wardrobe there were towling dressing gowns for use during he cruise and each guest also had free slippers.

On arrival we were given complimentry water and a dish of fruit, this was topped up every couple of days. Rooms were cleaned twice a day to a very high standard.

The bathroom had the usual complimentary toileteries including loofah and body lotion althought they were not L'occittane as advertised on the web site.The bathroom had a hair dryer. The bath/shower/jacuzzi/ sauna was good but it took a while to get used to what button did what. You had to climb into it which could be difficult for some less able people.

All trips are done twice (optional)because of arrivals and departures in Aswan.

There was a wide variety of people on board with not many English, a lot of Japanese, Spanish,Canadian and American to name a few.

Evening entertainment wasnt marvelous and the various nationalitys didnt mix to much which was a shame. Having said that it was a fabulous boat and having been on 4 now it was deffinately the best

Added notes, there are no money changing facilities on board which came as a bit of a shock we had to get a taxi into Luxor the next morning to get to the bank. The boat is berthed out at Bogdaddy there are a couple of shops there and a ATM but it wouldnt accept my card for some reason so be aware.

The guide ASKED the group if we wanted to visit a perfume factory after an excursion and those that didnt were taken back to the boat. Previosly we havent been given a choice.

I have tried to be as comprehensive as possible but if anyone still has questions I will willingly answer them.

u

carlisle
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Luxurious Nile Cruises

just back from ms regencey,absolutely fantastic!

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
12 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Luxurious Nile Cruises

Just back from a cruise on the Nile Admiral and experience was great.

The food was amazing, in presentation, choice and taste. The crew are very friendly, cabins immaculate( cabin gets done twice a day) and service in general superb.

The guests were a good mix of British, American, French, Russian, Spanish and Mexican.

I would use this boat again.It is part of Presidential cruiers comany.