We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner in Luxor

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, FLA
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dinner in Luxor

My lady and I are visiting Luxor in one week and would love the opportunity to have a traditional dinner in an Egyptian home. Does anyone know any service that might be able to hook up with one?

Bedfordshire
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,484 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner in Luxor

You could contact reallifeegypt.com to see if they could organize it, they organized a traditional meal on a falluca at sunset for us, fantastic meal and 4 times as much food as we could eat. But the family then tuck into the food that we didn't eat on the motor boat after we had finished. If you are going down to Aswan www.aswan-individual.com do do a meal that they advertise on there site have used them but not for the meal.

Failing that Sofra, www.sofra.com.eg do traditional food, have been there and it is excellent.

There is another one that ourluxorflat (edward) was talking about that sounds good but can't find it now.

Phil

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner in Luxor

Hello, just saw Phil900's reply. Yes, we were at the Salahadeen Restaurant last week, proper Egyptian food in lovely surroundings, and not overly expensive, and licenced for the sale of alcohol! What more could you need? See it at www.egyptwithmara.com

If you'd like to send me a pm, I have some pictures which I took, and I could give you a more detailed report.

Kind regards,

Edward.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner in Luxor

I do not know of any hospitality service in Luxor that invites tourists into an Egyptian home for a meal. The restaurant options posted above are excellent choices for Egyptian fare plus the Lantern which offers an Egytpian banquet on Tuesday nights but requires a booking. They are flexible and will also arrange for other times if required. You will find the Lantern in a side street almost opposite the Sonesta.

4. Re: Dinner in Luxor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 14:23