We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report part 2: Luxor

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
689 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report part 2: Luxor

Please follow this link as I've already posted on the main Egypt forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294200-i9124-k247…

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,056 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report part 2: Luxor

Thank you for posting the link to your trip report - fascinating!! Although I have been to Luxor many times I have been reading the recent reviews about the hassle with interest and began to think that it had got much worse but, on reading your report, it seems to be much the same as I remember it - I'll find out for certain in May when I get there!!

By the way, I am probably one of those who lounge at the pool for most of the day as I go to Luxor now mainly just to chill out, lounge by the pool and soak up the intoxicating atmosphere that is Luxor! You can't get that at the beach and I can't be bothered with getting sand everywhere nowadays!! lol.

Looking forward to more instalments.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
689 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report part 2: Luxor

Yeah, after I typed that I rememebered that it's only a 4 hour flight for some people. (No fair!)

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report part 2: Luxor

Wow ! Wow !! Wow !!!

What a fantastic trip report..........

I loved it............

K-Yogi

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
626 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report part 2: Luxor

Great report, chavala.

With all the really negative stories about the atmosphere and attitudes in Luxor posted since Christmas I was starting to think that the place was cghanging for the worse ... maybe as a result of the massively increased popularity of Egypt as a UK tour destination during 2008.

However, your report has reassured us that things are pretty much as thet were in March/April last year when we went and really enjoyed the vibrant culture.

Reaction to "hassle" does seem to be an intensely personal thing.

I don't for a second doubt the sincerity of posters who subscribe to the "never again" school of thought - but for any first timer reading this ...

We were SO NEARLY persuaded by the "negs" on TA to put ourselves under house arrest at the Jolie Ville, only venturing out to gawp at Luxor through the window of an air conditioned bus en route to a temple.

If we'd none so we'd have missed out on the BEST PART of our trip.

Richard

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,507 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report part 2: Luxor

this report is so good, but not getting to the top, because people are leaving replies in the other forum, if you get what i mean

so im saying on this one it is too good to miss

everyone should read then, back click and report here

so noone else misses it

ok

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
689 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Report part 2: Luxor

actually sunny, I was just thinking the same thing -- except the opposite. I put a link on the Luxor Forum on Travelbug's sage advice, but if everyone could reply to the original thread (in the Egypt catagory) that would be great. That's the one I add my installments to.

This is THE END of this thread! Thanks!

7. Re: Trip Report part 2: Luxor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 18:20