We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberotel hotel

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oxford
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
iberotel hotel

hi as any one stayed at the iberotel hotel, can you tell me what its like many thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,055 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iberotel hotel

Hi Butterfly

I'm sorry, I've not stayed in this hotel so can't tell you that much about it, however here is the link to the reviews for this hotel, which may help you tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g294205-d5…

The hotel is in a good location on the Nile and about 15-20 minutes walk to Luxor Temple and only about 10 minutes walk to many restuarants in the streets opposite the Nile Palace and Sonesta Hotels.

Check out www.luxortraveltips.com for lots of information on Luxor, includings maps, restaurant reviews, tours etc.

oxford
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: iberotel hotel

thanks for your reply, i have been to luxor many times but only stayed at the sherton, wanted a change. many thanks

north east
Level Contributor
279 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iberotel hotel

i stayed there over xmas , nice hotel in a good location to walk to the luxor attractions & various restaurants , breakfast was very good & the breakfast staff excellent , the chinese restaurant also good & well priced

pool area very clean & plenty loungers but sometimes a cruise boat moored nearby , lovely gardens with plenty chairs & tables for a chilled drink

i would recommend it as a well priced well located choice , but probably not if you want real luxury

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: iberotel hotel

Hi Butterfly

We are going there in April, I cannot wait. All the reviews are very positive and it seems any problems are dealt with quickly by the management. When are you going to Luxor?

oxford
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: iberotel hotel

hi going to luxor in march have been before and stayed at the sherton twice, just love the place

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: iberotel hotel

There has just been a new report on the iberotel on its reviews. Only 2/5! Worst review I have seen for ages. . . I have noticed that in the Thomson Brochure they have graded it as a 4* again, and they also have high customer based reviews for 07/08.

No doubt we shall see when we get there! Have you booked the Iberotel yet?

oxford
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: iberotel hotel

yes its booked, are you going again, we could not get into the sherton, went last august and the building work was going on but did not bother us

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,055 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: iberotel hotel

Hi there

This inside article by another TA member might help you with regards to the star rating of hotels in Egpyt tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g294200-c101366/Egy…

4 or 5 star here in the UK, US, Far East etc., doesn't really equate to the same in Egypt, however if you're anything like us, we're hardly ever in our room in any case.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: iberotel hotel

We have never been to Egypt before. I think the building work is finished at the Sheraton now they are starting on the bungalows??? This is only what I have read from the reviews not personal experience.

oxford
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: iberotel hotel

its a lovly hotel, staff A1 will always help you no matter what food good had no tummy upset at all, price in the hotel a little hi, rooms o.k nice and clean and they always remember who you are year after year, will post some photos for you to see