We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Hotels luxor

Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Budget Hotels luxor

I just got back to Australia after 7 weeks in Egypt and Libya. I spent 10 days in Luxor and only saw Luxor and Karnak temples as I got run over on my second day there (luckily it was the last fortnight of the trip). So for God sake do not check right when the traffic comes from the left.

Anyway I will go back again at the end of the year - I think it will take that long to psyche myself up for all the hard-core tourist harrassment of Luxor.

That said I would like to recommend to the budget traveller the Bob Marley Hotel AKA Sharief Hotel on Badr Lane off Television street. In my convalescence I got to know the staff well. They have a hassle-free policy and actually stick to it. The hotel is very colourful with a beautiful rooftop for breakfast and hanging out (in my case - once you master crutches). I just walked in with no booking (and hobbled out), but apparently you can book them on hostel world. They are very cheap, clenn and I met alot of really amazing people in there. I paid 40 LE per night for a twin room with a bathroom and another 20LE for a very generous breakfast for 2.

Happy travels

Robyn (Australia)

Emo Tours Egypt - Day Tours
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Aladin Tours - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Luxor and Aswan Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Boat Tours, Day Trips
Kingfisher Tours Egypt
Cultural Tours, Eco Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
merseyside
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Hotels luxor

Robyn thanks for your post. If you have time would you put up a report about the hotel on the reviews page? It is important that we all have up to date information about all the hotels.

Here is the link...

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294205-d120183…

Thanks

Karen

Clevedon, United...
Level Contributor
634 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Hotels luxor

thankyou Robyn for such an informative post.....i think i might give it a go as its so reasonable and sounds great for the solo traveler.

i cannot find a website or email addy for them....but loads of reviews,and all very positive.

3. Re: Budget Hotels luxor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 11:20