We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viking III

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
middlesex
1 post
Save Topic
Viking III

Hi,

I see lots of good comments for this ship, but they all seem to be for 2006, has anyone been more recent if so please let me know what you thought?

Kind regards

Caz

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Viking III

I'm currently in the process of booking, yet another, holiday with Viking for July this year &, oddly, Viking III doesn't appear as one of the cruise ship options on their website, so I get the distinct impression that she might be reserved exclusively for the use of Discover Egypt passengers.

However, I did find the following review on the latter company's website, if it helps:

www.discoveregypt.co.uk/reviews.php…

Glen

Guildford, Surrey
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viking III

Hi Caz,

I’m booked to go on the Viking III cruise with Discover Egypt next week. We’ve booked all inclusive Ultimate Egypt package that starts with the Nile cruise a night in Cairo and six nights in El Gouna.

I have had similar problem to you, I have been searching through the forums for information about this boat and most seems to be from a few years back. Is there anyone out there who has been on this boat recently and can provide me with any opinions or hints and tips about the boat and cruise itinerary?

For example: Are there hair dryers in the cabins? What optional excursions would you recommend?

Many Thanks.

Lucy

Guildford, Surrey
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viking III

Just to update you. I went on the holiday I mentioned in the above and it was absolutely fantastic. However on arrival we were put on the Viking Premier instead of the Viking III. There were a number of us on the boat that should have been on the Viking III, we were easy to spot as we all had all inclusive wrist bands on and the people booked on the Viking Premier were half board. There seemed to be a number of different stories as to what had happened to our original boat. 1) We had been given an upgrade, 2) The Viking III was over booked, 3) The Viking III was having mechanical problems and was in for repair.

4. Re: Viking III

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2010, 07:17