We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxor (Egypt) Guides

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Luxor (Egypt) Guides

Hey there,

On the website, almanacegypt.com there is an alphabetical list of Egyptian guides, including their contact info.

They are listed according to what language(s) they guide in and which city/cities they work.

Nothing about whether this or that guide is good or bad, so we still need the recommendations from the TA-members.

Here is the link:

www.almanacegypt.com/name.php…

There are also lists of tour-operators etc.

Louise

Emo Tours Egypt - Day Tours
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Aladin Tours - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Luxor and Aswan Travel
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Boat Tours, Day Trips
Kingfisher Tours Egypt
Cultural Tours, Eco Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
10,157 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxor (Egypt) Guides

Hey thanks Louise, good to know:)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxor (Egypt) Guides

Not a complete list though - only a few of hundreds.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luxor (Egypt) Guides

Thanks Louise for your suggestions.

However I agree with BellyDancer. Many of the good ones (whom I know) are not listed there!

That might give a wrong impression to travellers. For example if I want to hire a guide and I don't see his/her name on the list, I might think that the guide is not good. Such lists might harm the reputation of good guides who are not listed.

In my opinion lists should be more representative. Or to recommed only guides whom we know, not just any list.

CHEERS!

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luxor (Egypt) Guides

Calm down, where did I say the list was complete? I think it is a good idea and every guide who has a licence and an internet-conenction can send his or her info and be included on the list.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,223 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luxor (Egypt) Guides

As our friend Mofissio says, we might not find the best guide, for us, on any list! That is why I use a trusted travel agent, he knows which guide suits which type of tourist, that's his job.

Also, the price is known at the very beginning, and might well be better than you or I could negotiate ourselves.

Just a thought,

Edward.

P.S. I'm calm, I'm calm.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luxor (Egypt) Guides

LouiseAl, I'm calm and happy. I spent a wonderful weekend in your country. I love those smorrebrod, and your beer is fantastic. I've gained at least 5 kilos in 2 days.

CHEERS

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luxor (Egypt) Guides

I just noticed that the guides can, by option, choose to send in their details about education, experience and more.

While that still doesn't tell whether a guide is good or not, it does give a bit more info than just name and number.

There are also travel-agents listed, so combined with word of mouth, Trip Advisor and related pages etc. it does give an overview of the possibilities, in a neutral tone. The site is, as far as I can detect, still under construction and not complete.

I am not affiliated with above mentioned website, it was only something I stumbled upon yesterday while surfing.

8. Re: Luxor (Egypt) Guides

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 17:20