We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maritim Jolie Ville

GLOS
Level Contributor
108 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Maritim Jolie Ville

On Wednesday 22nd April we were transferred by coach from Crown Prince to Jolie Ville. We arrived in reception and were given a cooling drink while we filled out the necessary details and were then handed our room keys. We arrived at our room and although I knew what it would look like from photographs I had seen on TA we decided to enquire about an upgrade. They had a de-luxe room available in X so they told us to go and have a look at that and see if we would like to have it. As soon as we opened the door there was no contest. It was beautifully tiled and painted in white and the furniture was much lighter in colour. The bathroom likewise and there were two basins, his and hers.It cost us an extra fifty dollars per night for the room and in our opinion was worth every penny. It had a Nile view from our terrace so we could sit there with a drink if we chose and just enjoy the scene in front of us.

The gardens of this Hotel are absolutely breathtaking and are filled with beautiful flowers, shrubs, trees and birds.There are endless places to sit and just listen to the birdsong or watch the gardeners going about their business. It`s paradise really and the distance from Luxor doesn`t matter because within a short time you can hop into a taxi and be dropped off anywhere you like in Town.

We had no peoblems with the food either. There is an amazing choice at breakfast ,in the evening we ate at La Fleur or Jolie Ville Restaurant if we stayed in. Jolie Ville restaurant has a different theme every evening and the standard of food varies but is generally quite good.

The pool boys are excellent and you only have to ask for something and it`s there. We found all the staff to be very helpful and courteous with the exception of one who was unimpressed with the size of his tip when we ate in La Fleur, where the food was wonderful.

We went into Luxor by Taxi, armed with my maps of Luxor which I had printed out from Luxor Travel Tips and got lost in the back streets where a little man took us to where we wanted to go and didn`t even ask for a tip ( we gave him one anyway ) visited Tutti Frutti( no I didn`t have a fresh cream scone but there were those who did lol) and we had a lovely panini each. Very nice lady served us i think she was Erica.

Went into Arkwrights to get some water, Nescafe, biccies and crisps and again, the lady here was so helpful.

We got a taxi back and haggled over the price eventually agreeing on 20LE for us both back to JV

One evening we visited Puddleducks and had an excellent fillet steak each, a pudding and a very palatable bottle of red wine all for the princely sum of just £30. Yes English Pounds. Served in very pleasant surroundings. The restaurant owner called us a taxi to return us to JV and on the way back we nearly ran down one man and a herd of cows.(interesting )

We absolutely loved JV and our only grumble was that it was virtually impossible to prise any coffee and creamer out of our room attendant, despite encouraging him with tips. lol

For all you people who are worried about walking around the streets of Luxor, don`t be afraid to. The people are friendly with a great sense of humour and if you don`t want their services will almost always walk away saying "Have a good day anyway "

The only thing that would stop us returning is the horrendous, clapped out old contraption that Thomson expect passengers to have to put up with when they fly to Luxor from Birminham Airport.They need to sort it.

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maritim Jolie Ville

Great report and thanks so much for writing it - one thing though, and maybe it's too much to ask, but could you be persuaded to write a hotel-review (you could copy paste what you've already written here) in the hotel-review section?

This post will eventually get buried - it may only take a few weeks - which is a shame :-)

Thanks again for posting

Louise

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maritim Jolie Ville

I'm still recovering after 'Googling' camel spiders, but agree with Louise that you should also do this report of the JV in the hotel reviews section - it's a superb review, very informative and interesting.

It's really got me in the mood for my holiday in Luxor - only three sleeps and I'll be there!

GLOS
Level Contributor
108 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maritim Jolie Ville

I have posted my report in the review section too.

Thanks to all of you on Trip Advisor who answered my many questions before we went.I hope that all of you who are excitedly counting the sleeps before it`s their turn to go will have the most brilliant holiday.

PS. I hope you don`t meet any camel spiders lol

jak717
Level Contributor
204 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maritim Jolie Ville

thanks dillydreamer for the report (just read the one about the crown prince too) - cant wait to go even more now. im too excited lol

Jak :-)

The Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Maritim Jolie Ville

Hello.

I've really enjoyed reading both your trip reports it really sounds like you had a fantastic time.

I also just googled Camel Spiders - OH!!!!! I do hope I don't encounter any of those when in Luxor next week - only 5 more sleeps for me, I'm one week on the Commodore and one week at the Jolie Ville (bliss).

The one bit I am also not looking forward to is the flight, you would think for 6 hours they would give people a bit more comfort.

Suzie.

GLOS
Level Contributor
108 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maritim Jolie Ville

Hi Jak,

You will absolutely love it i`m sure.

Everything about it exceeded even my expectations.

Enjoy

Dilly

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maritim Jolie Ville

Hi Dilly, glad you enjoyed it ;-)

Karen

8. Re: Maritim Jolie Ville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2009, 07:28