We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked Again

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
Save Topic
Booked Again

Although I have just come back from Luxor 21 May. I have just booked again for the Nile Palace. Oct 19th 2 Glorious weeks, although the price I have paid is astronomical compared to the Sheraton in May (£377 each in May - £613 in Oct). Ah well I suppose if I want to go back to the sites/sounds/smells/sun and people of this wonderful place, I have to pay it.

My wife once said a few years ago, after she had been on a day trip to Cairo (from Cyprus), that she would never go back to Egypt. As I'd never been then, I persuaded her to go one more time. Now I think she wants to go back every holiday, this is her 5th visit with me (3rd to Luxor).

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booked Again

That's the spirit Bob.

Seriously, I think that this is the real "curse of the pharaohs", you visit Luxor & as soon as you get home start thinking about when you can go back.

Glen

benjie3434
Level Contributor
58 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booked Again

this will be my 13th time in luxor. i never get bored just adore the place

The Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booked Again

I know exactly how you feel Bob, I got back home on the 21st May too and was all booked up for next year on the 22nd (I'm also staying at the Nile Palace after a week's cruise, not stayed there before but it looks to be a lovely hotel). I also noticed a big price increase but like you said if you want to go that badly you just have to stump up the cash.

Unfortunately for me I have to wait till next April as heading off to Barcelona around November time.

Bedfordshire
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booked Again

Not as bad as me, I booked again before I even went. April that is, it was such a good deal I couldn't resist it, £242 pp but it is well over 100 more now.

Phil

The Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booked Again

I dont know Phil, I had the holiday I have just returned from booked 6 months before my October 2008 holiday.

If you get a good deal you can't really refuse it can you?

kent
Level Contributor
253 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booked Again

The nile palace is a great hotel we went last year and are going again in two weeks for my 40th. The hotel really made our holiday hence going back for this special occasion. They cant do enough for you at the hotel its a great location over looking the nile. yes we are hooked on eygpt its a magical place that just draws you back. I didnt think anywhere could top santorini but I think luxor has done it for me. have a good trip

7. Re: Booked Again

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 05:22