We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snakes at Jolie Ville

chesterfield...
Level Contributor
150 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
snakes at Jolie Ville

Can anyone tell me if they have had a similar experience with snakes at the Jolie Ville?

During our stay there last week we arrived back to find a snake on the doorstep of our bungalow.

The management were very poor in dealing with the situation, which led to us moving hotels half way through our holiday.

We were told by the hotel manager that "we do not have snakes here, and if we do they are not poisonous".

With the welfare of our 6 year old grandson at stake we could not risk staying there any longer.

The hotel itself is a very nice place to stay but we would never take young children there again.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,915 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snakes at Jolie Ville

I usually see lots of little lizards around the complex. Never saw a snake though.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snakes at Jolie Ville

We haven't had any experience of snakes anywhere in Egypt, unless you count the snake charmer at Kom Ombo, lol. However we did come across a very similar management attitude when we, too, had a serious complaint at the JV. I remember the exact words, "We are the best hotel in Luxor!"

I find it such a shame that an hotel with such tremendous potential has such an arrogant management as to come out with these absurd responses to the genuine complaints and concerns of bona fide guests.

Regards,

Edward.

jak717
Level Contributor
204 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snakes at Jolie Ville

not a good response from the hotel and sorry to hear you had to move. im off there in august and hoping people can reassure that this is maybe a very rare incident??

however this post got me thinking and i stupidly googled "egypt spiders"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone had any incidents of spiders at the JV??

chesterfield...
Level Contributor
150 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snakes at Jolie Ville

Thanks Edward

I totally agree with your comments.

Some of the staff (Ordinary workers)at the hotel were so nice to ourselves, particularly our grandson.

The only member of management who appeared to show any concern was the Guest relations manger who only spoke outside as we were about to get into the taxi to leave for our new hotel. This was at 2.30pm after nearly 5hrs had passed after talking to the day manager. We had wasted nearly all day and were not prepared to talk to him. It was too little too late.

As you say a shame because apart from this problem the hotel was not too bad.

Sue

Northumberland, UK
Level Contributor
327 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: snakes at Jolie Ville

Hi All

I've stayed several times at the JV & never seen a snake in my time there. But very disappointed to hear about the management's attitude in this situation. But like others responding here I've found the attitude of general staff very helpful and the management less so. So waken up management division at JV and get your act together! Snakes deserve some urgent attention or you will lose more guests!

Jan

Clevedon, United...
Level Contributor
615 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: snakes at Jolie Ville

Sorry about your experience,but i dont think the locals get too perturbed by snakes or the like.

in any desert country there are of course snakes,reptiles,spiders but its par for the course.most of these creatures prefer to get out of our way,only once were we confronted by a large snake,and that was in Zaneer (spelling.?)a village just outside of Luxor,and the villagers were not at all concerned.

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: snakes at Jolie Ville

I am sorry you had a bad experience with the management at your hotel - that is never nice, and the situation could probably had been handled better.

But I'll have to agree with Chami - there are snakes in Egypt, and even though they are very rarely seen (they are usually long gone before any human beings arrive) it is hardly the fault of the hotel that one snake decided to lounge on your doorstep, as unpleasant as that may have been. And what exactly should they have done about it? Except of course treating your and your family in a polite manner and not tell such stupid lies such as that there are no snakes on their premises.

Apart from the snake charmer in Kom Ombo, which is also mentioned above, I have a snake only once in Egypt, so its not like it is something that happens every day.

Louise

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: snakes at Jolie Ville

Queentut, I can understand your concerns, especially for your grandson, and your frustrations with the management attitude towards you. To deny the existance of snakes is just plain stupid and very poor customer relations.

It is however a fact of life that is sometimes overlooked by we tourists that such 'nasties' as snakes, scorpions, spiders etc exist, especially in such places as Luxor. A bite or sting from one may not be fatal but could be extreemly uncomfortable and stressful. I narrowly escaped coming into contact with a scorpion at Medinut Habu last year. I was sitting with my arm draped over the back of a sofa when (a very small) one crawled up onto the edge and very close to my arm! Needless to say it did not return home to it's family! After a recent visit to one of the Banana Islands my friends were more interested in whether or not I'd seen any fruit spiders and wouldn't visit there because of the possibility of being bitten by one - although none of us have ever heard of it happening.

We in the UK and other relatively 'nasties' free countries are so used to our 'sanitised' lives and travel to countries that do have plenty of 'nasties' is so easy and tend to forget that such things exist and can be a potential problem. That being said, it is relatively rare that such creatures are seen, nevermind anyone being harmed by them.

Sharm El Shiekh
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: snakes at Jolie Ville

This at Julie Ville Sharm ?

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: snakes at Jolie Ville

This is the LUXOR forum, why would it be at the Jolie Ville Sharm?

Edward.