We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going to Maritim Jolie Ville on the 7th September

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Going to Maritim Jolie Ville on the 7th September

Hiya everybody,

I'm so excited about my holiday but I'm anxious at the same time. I am going with my 7 year old and 13 month old daughters and I'm just trying to figure out what things costs etc. I would really appreciate if you could please give me some advice:)

1. How much do the trips to the temples cost?

2. How much is the day trip to Cairo?

3. Will I be able to buy water and baby essentials nearby?

4. How much are felluca trips?

I'm unsure of how much money I will need to bring with me. Are there cash machines nearby? Thanks in advance!;)

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going to Maritim Jolie Ville on the 7th September

Hi, I will try to answer some of your questions.

1. Local agents will be cheaper to book than your rep or you could just get a taxi and read up on a good guidebook. The guides will provide transport and pick you up from the JV. Obviously with the children I would recommend booking a guide which will make life easier for yourself. Half day tours are normally around 280-350le mark give or take, your youngest daughter would of course be free and your eldest half price.

2. Daytrip to Cairo with a local agent around £120 per adult, half price for eldest.

3. No shops near the JV but there is a shop at the JV. More expensive so you would be better going into the town. Type in 'Arkwrights' into the search box as this shop seems quite poplular at the moment. Water is available from most places and costs around 2-3le per bottle. The JV's water is dear at 13le.

4. Felucca trips - Around 60le pp for a private sunset one. There is also a meal felucca trip which I have done, cost me the other year 50le pp and the meal was delicious. My young son really enjoyed it. Or you could do the one at the JV, book at reception for around 20le per adult. Takes one hour and you may with others.

These prices are a guide only and I am sure that others have paid less and some have paid more but at least you have a rough idea.

BTW I love the hotel and your eldest daughter should love the kids pool.....read my golist to give you some tips and ideas...

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i18252-Luxor_…

Karen

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going to Maritim Jolie Ville on the 7th September

whoops sunset felucca with meal was 100le the other year! sorry!

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Going to Maritim Jolie Ville on the 7th September

THANK YOU soooo much! Your tips were really useful!!!

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
2,609 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going to Maritim Jolie Ville on the 7th September

For a felluca ride at the MJV you only pay 20LE each for 1 hour. You pay at reception and take the ticket and give it to the captain. Very easy, we did it twice while we were there, would have used it more but lack of wind most days.

Phil

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,959 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going to Maritim Jolie Ville on the 7th September

No problem glad to help ;-)

wantage
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Going to Maritim Jolie Ville on the 7th September

we are going on wednesday this is our third time

cant wait

England
Level Contributor
410 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going to Maritim Jolie Ville on the 7th September

I wrote a bit of tip earlier on in the year on this forum. Likn is as below

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294205-i9426-k2…

p.s. got to go back to Luxor when the weather's little milder as we've missed the sights!

8. Re: Going to Maritim Jolie Ville on the 7th September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2010, 06:24