We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Insurance

london
Level Contributor
230 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Insurance

When buying travel insurance for Egypt do we choose Europe or Worldwide and do you recommend any company that does a good deal?

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Insurance

I personally would ask them as sometimes Egypt comes under Europe.

Have you looked at travelsupermarket.com for quotes?

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Insurance

Egypt is Europe, I work in the Insurance industry. generally all the countries around the med are counted as Europe.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,934 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Insurance

Thought it was classed as Europe (although for some reason I put somtimes!) It has always fallen under Europe when I get my insurance...but hey I would still check!

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Insurance

I have just looked at my UK provided annual travel policy, Egypt and Turkey are in Europe but Israel is not, so I suspect that there are variations from company to company.

london
Level Contributor
230 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Insurance

Thanks guys. I have finally gone with Direct Line as I have car insurance with them so they gave me a discount and yes it comes under Europe. Although I nearly went for Tesco Insurance and with them it's worldwide and dearer. 4 weeks to go!

6. Re: Travel Insurance

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2010, 06:23