We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of balloon ride

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Topic
Cost of balloon ride

Hopefully they will get working full time by April. How much does the ride cost?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of balloon ride

The balloons are flying again as from 2 days ago.

Check-out the 'Balloons are up flying again' thread for discussion about prices.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
626 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of balloon ride

As the earlier thread KV cites has now vanished off the fromt page I'll just add here that luxortraveltips.com is now quoting "around LE600" as the going rate for flights.

luxortraveltips.com/sights/…hotairballoon

Normally a reliable reference.

BTW - do passengers get a ticket or receipt for the new SCA "flying over the monuments" tax ... or is it turning into something like the Caleche dtiver's "something for the horse" - an excuse to put extras on the fare once a price has been agreed? Do we know the per capita rate?

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of balloon ride

mediaskills, I would very much doubt the passengers themselves would get a receipt identifying the '"flying over the monuments" tax ...' . As I understand it, this charge is being levied at the Balloon companies, not the passengers themselves, but it has to be covered somehow and thus incorporated into the general running costs and consequetnly the ticket price.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
626 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of balloon ride

Yep, BFS, understood ....

But if passengers are being asked to pay double the previous "going rate" there needs to be a lot more transparancy.

If (as the operators argue) the 100%-plus hikes are to cover hugely increased operating costs, taxation from various grasping authorities and enhanced insurance provision for those passengers too feckless to arrange their own cover before flying then these charges should be spelt out in an itemised booking receipt.

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,713 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of balloon ride

I take your point mediaskills. To be honest, I've only dealt once with the booking of my flight in Luxor, and it was a long time ago now, at other times it's been done by my companions, although always directly with the flight company. I'm not sure what details were, or where not included or pointed out on the paperwork. It would be interesting to see how/if it is broken down now. Perhaps someone who has taken/is taking a recent flight might be able to enlighten us all more on this issue.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of balloon ride

Apparently each company is only permitted to use one balloon and the price has risen to 1,000 LE per person.

Minneapolis
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of balloon ride

My guide had originally quoted me 1000LE pp as the new price. When I contacted Hod Hod direct they indicated that they were holding the 90GBP pricing for now (with an additional 10% discount for internet bookings). So my price has gone down from what I was originally expecting.

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
292 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost of balloon ride

How do I book this to get the 10% discount also? Is there a web-site. What is the amount in USD?

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost of balloon ride

The tour operatiors on the Corniche are selling balloon trips for 700 le.

The price in US Dollars will be 700le multiplied by the current exchange rate, oddly enough.

Regards,

Edward.

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost of balloon ride

The price in US Dollars will be 700le multiplied by the current exchange rate, oddly enough.

he, he, you are soooooo mean!!!!!