We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest way to book Jolie Ville

NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest way to book Jolie Ville

In the past I have always booked my vacations myself, purchasing the flight and hotels separately and directly. My guidebook suggests it is often cheaper in Egypt to book air and hotel together through a travel agent- is this really the case? Can a travel agent really get lower airfare than me booking directly on the EgyptAir website? I assume the savings must come from the hotel booking.

For example I am interested in flying direct from NY to Cairo, staying at either Longchamps or Oberoi in Cairo, then flying to Luxor and staying at the Jolie Ville. Does anyone think I can do better than booking these things directly myself with the airlines and hotels?

On a related note, I tried getting prices from Orbitz, Travelocity etc, for the Jolie Ville, but the websites never show availability for rooms with 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 6 and 9) . Maybe there are no such rooms, and we need instead to get two rooms? Normally we just get one room with two beds and add a fold-up bed.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
merseyside
Level Contributor
7,969 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest way to book Jolie Ville

Regarding the JV rooms in Luxor they only sleep 3 people as far as I know. I think you maybe have to book 2 rooms but interconnecting ones which unfortunately might be costly. I have just come back from Luxor this week and had to stay at the Mercure as the JV has gone really expensive.

Not sure if this helps but flights from Cairo to Luxor are dirt cheap if you book in advance via egyptair putting egypt as your home country. Websites such as www.alpharooms.com ,www.travelrepublic.co.uk , www.hotels4u.com are worth a quick look at for hotel rooms.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
626 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest way to book Jolie Ville

Hi NYtraveller,

We stayed at the Jolie Ville as 2 adults and 2 teenage kids and booked two rooms with inter-connecting doors, for which the premium was US$10 per night for the facility .. so US$140 in all.

Be careful as the confirmation email is ambiguous - we checked and it WAS per night for the FACILITY of having connecting rooms, not PER ROOM per night (which would be US$20)

I think the standard JV rooms would be pretty cramped with 2 extra beds in.

Paying the extra for the JV might be worth it if your children like to explore independently. There are lots of things to find in the grounds (like the "other" bread oven) as well as the zoo - and there's a wonderful, safe and shallow splash pool adjacent to the Infinity Pool which itself has potential for older children to climb behind the waterfall and so on.

NY
Level Contributor
28 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest way to book Jolie Ville

Thanks KAZL. It looks like you are right about not fitting four in a room at the Jolie Ville. I am glad you had such a good trip recently- I read your great trip report.

Mediaskills- Thanks a lot for your reply. It is very helpful and sounds like the way to go. How did you book your room? Through the Jolie Ville website?

Anyone else have an opinion about whether it is cheaper to book air and hotel on your own or through a travel agent?

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
626 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest way to book Jolie Ville

Hi again NYtraveller

It can be very expensive to book the international chain hotels independently - package prices are nearly always significantly cheaper (unless of course someone knows better in which case I want to know as well).

So we booked our basic package with a tour operator and then negotiated the extra facilities we needed direct with the hotel.

I'll send you a personal message with the contacts. Enjoy!

ada
cardiff
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest way to book Jolie Ville

I usually book independantly and always get a better deal than a package when I do so . However from the uk we are lucky to have access to cheaper flight options into egypt ( this is usually the most costly part of the trip). As above hotelscombined.com, hotels4u.com, asiarooms.com and alpharooms.com are usually good for prices, but will only allow you to book 3 into the JV rooms. We had a king double bed and a fold away single in the room (for the 9 year old), there would be no space fo another foldaway. As an option we have , in other hotels , been allowed to have 2 kids if one is younger and shares the double bed (it will usually state in the details that they allow kids under ??age to be in room FOC if sharing bedding). I usually get round this on internet booking by booking for the triple/extra bed configuration then stating/asking in the comment bit that there will be a younger child shaing the parents bedding and usually sending an email to the hotel with the booking confirmation to make sure this is acceptable to them.

6. Re: Cheapest way to book Jolie Ville

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 May 2010, 05:18