We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days or 2 days?

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
3 days or 2 days?

I am in the middle of trying to arrange a side trip to Luxor after my husband's business trip to Cairo. So we could get an early flight on Wednesday and a late flight back on Saturday or an early flight on Thursday and same return. My feelings are we should try to have the longer time. Any thoughts and comments please.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days or 2 days?

Three days.

Regards,

Edward.

merseyside
Level Contributor
7,905 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 days or 2 days?

I personally would do the 3 days. There really is a lot to see in Luxor :-)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cairo, Egypt, Nile River Valley, Luxor
Level Contributor
8,062 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days or 2 days?

I also agree with the others, definitely go for the longer stay. Three days is just enough to whet your appetite, you will probably be like the rest of us and be planning your next trip before you leave Luxor.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,027 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days or 2 days?

I'm with everone else who has replied - go for as long as possible.

3 Days, even at full-throttle, will only manage to whet your appetite as you skim over the detail.

The problem many of have found is that you arrive home and start planning your next trip!

Guildford, England
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3 days or 2 days?

Thank you very much for your replies. You have confirmed what I thought.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
113 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3 days or 2 days?

I spent two days in Luxor and I really felt that I left too soon. Luxor's a breath of fresh air compared to Cairo and I think an additional day would help to fully imbibe the grandeur of the sites at a leisurely pace. You might even be able to sneak in a day trip to Dendera.

7. Re: 3 days or 2 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2010, 05:17