We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberotel luxor

Worksop, England
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
iberotel luxor

Is the iberotel all inclusive ? First choice are selling it as such for 2011.

Hilton Luxor Resort & Spa
Mara House
Mara House
#2 of 54 hotels in Luxor
Nefertiti Hotel
Nefertiti Hotel
#3 of 54 hotels in Luxor
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: iberotel luxor

anxiousmother,

I can understand you are 'anxious', but surely you have just asked, then answered, your own question.

London
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: iberotel luxor

The Ibrotel does.

B and B

1/2 Board

Full Board

And All inclusive

There are plenty of nice places to eat not far away from your hotel, the choice is yours.

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,908 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iberotel luxor

All inclusive may not be such a good deal in Luxor as there are so many places to eat outside of the hotels. I't not like some of the 'resorts' where you are pretty much confined to the hotel complex.

Mentioned in this post
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
172 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: iberotel luxor

Hi,

I would suggest going B/B in Iberotel as it is cheap to eat outside, (there are a lot of eateries just over the road from hotel). And apart from anything else you need to get out of your hotel and see the real Luxor.

Mentioned in this post
Iberotel Luxor
Iberotel Luxor
997 Reviews
Luxor, Egypt
coventry
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: iberotel luxor

Hi

Ive stayed at the Iberotel on all inclusive twice now and cannot remember it being part of the all inclusive package that you were confined to the hotel and baned from seeing the real Luxor .

Maybe things have changed !!!

London
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: iberotel luxor

Dear anxiousmother,

You are free to come and go as you please from the Hotel.

Luxor is very safe, safer than a lot of places in the UK.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,855 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: iberotel luxor

I don't see why you would go to Luxor and spend all your time in a hotel. The hotels in LUxor are pleasant enough in many cases but they are not the sort of hotel where you go and spend the entire holiday without going out. You would be bored to tears within two days. The food in outside restaurants is better and cheaper than hotels anyway.

Mentioned in this post
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: iberotel luxor

Personally, I wouldn't think about going all inclusive in Luxor as there are so many places to choose from now where you can have lovely meals ranging from local, to western, to oriental, to McDonalds and KFC!

Have a look at the left side of this forum page under restaurants and you'll get links to reviews to give you an idea of what there is. Also, check out www.luxortraveltips.com for maps, restaurant reviews, things to see and do, currency exchange etc.

Hope that helps a little.

Mentioned in this post
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
coventry
Level Contributor
2,727 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: iberotel luxor

Hi

Can anybody please tell me where in the all inclusive package of any hotel it says that you have to spend " all of the time in the hotel " and what punishment is administered if you escape !!

I myself did not have to set up a escape committee to break out of the Iberotel in fact i was aided by several accomplices namely the staff .

I always visit the real Luxor and yes i do eat out on occasion but i can do this because i don't suffer from the mentality of " Ive paid for it so i must eat and drink there all of the time to get my moneys worth "

If you do your homework the difference between all inclusive and b&b is not much more than 5 drinks per day and i find that even though i don't drink it is still cost effective for the coffee / soft drinks i have before and after i go exploring .

The food is an added bonus if it is any good and i like the option of going back to the hotel for the evening meal with drinks on the patio relaxing overlooking the Nile contemplating the wonderful but tiring day i have just had .

Sounds terrible to me !!

Mentioned in this post
Iberotel Luxor
Iberotel Luxor
997 Reviews
Luxor, Egypt
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: iberotel luxor

I think we're all allowed to have a personal opinion.

Being Scottish, I really don't see the point in paying up front to eat in the hotel at a buffet that I might not like then having to go out and buy a meal that I do like - and I'm not picky as I'll eat almost anything within reason.

At the end of the day anxiousmother will have to make up her own mind about what she wants to do and what will be best for her and her family, plus her purse strings, so it's good to at least let her know what all the options are.