We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

male couple sharing hotel room

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DBN
3 posts
Save Topic
male couple sharing hotel room

Hi there,

Will there be a problem with 2 guys (a couple) booking in together at hotels in Egypt. Will we have problems with hotel management or even tourist police?

Zeeuws Vlaanderen
Level Contributor
510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: male couple sharing hotel room

No. Nobody will care. Maybe they will ask questions out of curiosity, just for chit chat, being nosy. Just tell them something to satisfy their curiosity.

Edited: 27 July 2010, 10:35
DBN
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: male couple sharing hotel room

Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

Guernsey, Channel...
Level Contributor
398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: male couple sharing hotel room

Hi Adamjes

Apart from being a regular visitor to Luxor I have been on 3 types of holiday in Egypt - resort in Luxor, cruise, Cairo and Luxor, and fly cruise taking in Luxor, Aswan and Cairo. The man couples I met up with had a marvellous time and were not subjected to anything other than usual courtesy. Have a great holiday.

Best wishes

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,167 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: male couple sharing hotel room

When I have been to Egypt with other females, just travel companions, sometimes sharing a room, they often ask if we are sisters. Sisters seems to close a relationship to claim falsely, so I say cousins. You might like to find a phrase that works for you - cousins, friends, whatever. You don't want to go into detail. You don';t want public displaysof affection either. Egyptian men do go around holding hands but it isn't sexual.

Guernsey, Channel...
Level Contributor
398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: male couple sharing hotel room

Hi verity1

Glad you raised the issue of open displays of affection, which I had meant to add in my post, and also, for the benefit of heterosexual couples who may read this thread - likewise; open displays of affection are best not aired in public either.

Best wishes

Clevedon, United...
Level Contributor
615 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: male couple sharing hotel room

No,absolutely no problem at all,its your bussiness they want !

7. Re: male couple sharing hotel room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2011, 08:20