Arrived yesterday, points of interest:
* Monarch no longer show films, instead you can pay GBP2.50 for headphones to listen to radio or watch old TV programmes. They also offer comics or Hello nagazine at silly prices. Hey-ho, glad I took my books in hand luggage - I can't ever imagine paying GBP2 for something I don't even read in the dentist's waiting room.
* In the airport there is now a barrier between the banks & the Arrivals doorway. The local tour reps line up against it as if to prevent arrivals from seeing the banks - and tour company desks are now spaced around the walls in prominent positions. Mr DD had to use his rugby skills to get through & there were very few people buying visas, presumably paying the Cosmos reps GBP 15!
* Visas at the banks are still $15 or GBP10 (not sure how much change you get)
* there is now a one-queue system for passport control, which looks horrendous but is quite fast in practice.
* missed the Abu Haggag moulid by a few hours, bother!!
* Corniche is clear from Etap downwards, will be heading towards the museum early next week, after we come back from Aswan
* did I mention it is HOT?!