We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nile cruise

Derby, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
nile cruise

hi everyone,

me and my partner are booked on a nile cruise in august, i was wondering if anyone as any usefully tips for us as its our first ime in egypt, we are booked on the nile explorer and is all inclusive does anyone know the price of individual excursions i have read somewere you can buy them as a package for around £175. i have loads of questions so if anyones been and can help i would be most greatful

kind regards sharon

England
Level Contributor
771 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: nile cruise

See the top tips that will help you, I have done 8 nile cruises but the trips have always been included. I think the figure yoy quote is about right.you could do them yourselves but as a first timer you will probably feel better having it all sorted for you.

Guernsey, Channel...
Level Contributor
398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: nile cruise

Hi Sharon

First off, you are going to have a wonderful holiday.

What exactly are you looking to do that is not part of your included cruise itinarary? If, for instance you are embarking at Luxor, cruising to Aswan and back to Luxor, you will then have the best part of 2 days in which to visit the wonderful sites and museums at a fraction of the cost of buying a package deal.

If you are looking at visiting Abu Simbel temples from Aswan, which would be available to book on the boat, then as a first time visitor go for that option, similarly, if you want to visit Philea Temple from Aswan, I would suggest that you go for that too, since your time in Aswan will be limited.

If you want to take a hot air balloon trip whilst back in Luxor you can book this independantly - you would have the time to do so, but, do ensure that you do this through a reputable company, you will find loads of these trips advertised at a huge range of prices, suggest you get on the net and also ask about safety proceedures.

Please ask away if you have any other questions.

Best wishes

Mentioned in this post
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: nile cruise

Hi Sharon

My wife and I will be on this cruise in August, too.

It will be our fourth Nile Cruise, and it will be the only time that the trips have not been included - so we shall be doing them independently (at a fraction of the price!!).

For your info, though, I have copied a reply from an earlier post which gives you the prices of the excursions (thankyou, OP).

* West Bank - Colossi of Memnon & Valley of the Kings (Thursday) - £50

* Edfu Temple (Friday) - £25

* Kom Ombo Temple (Friday evening) - £20

* Aswan Tour - High Dam & Philae Temple by boat (Saturday) - £45

*Felucca boat trip sailing around the Aswan islands (Saturday) - £10

* East Bank - Luxor Temple & Karnak Temple (Monday) - £35

* Denderah (Tuesday) - £20

(To book all of the above excursions costs £175 in total - saving £30 on the individual prices)

OPTIONAL EXTRAS

Abu Simbel by road - £79

Abu Simbel by flight - £189

Philae Sound & Light Show - £26

Nubian Village - £19

Cairo day trip by flight - £189

Hot Air Balloon Ride - £90

Karnak Sound & Light Show - £26

Quad Bike - £39

Camel Ride - £15

What date do you go?

Mentioned in this post
Colossi of Memnon
Colossi of Memnon
1,351 Reviews
Luxor, Egypt
High Dam
High Dam
701 Reviews
Aswan, Egypt
Valley of the Kings
Valley of the Kings
4,633 Reviews
Luxor, Egypt
Luxor Temple
Luxor Temple
3,347 Reviews
Luxor, Egypt
Aswan
Aswan
Aswan Governorate, Egypt
Cairo
Cairo
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
4. Re: nile cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2011, 07:16