We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Viking nile cruiser

Hebburn
Level Contributor
13 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Viking nile cruiser

Booked for a 7 night cruise in November - anyone got anything to say about this ship?

all views welcome

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Viking nile cruiser

I'm booked to return to the Royal Viking for 3 nights, Aswan - Luxor, later this month after finally managing to arrange my schedule so as to permit me to sample one of their own boats (not bad after 10 years of travelling with them :)).

I've posted a descriptiion of my experience, together with a link to some photos in the following thread:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294204-i9480-k3…

Hope it proves to be of some use.

merseyside
Level Contributor
26 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Viking nile cruiser

just returned from a 7 day trip on this boat. elegant and spotless with very friendly and professional staff.

cabins are spacious and well furnished - everything is fairly new (she is approx 2 years old) and there is very little sign of any wear and tear. The crew are constantly cleaning and maintaining the public areas, decks, pool etc. You have made a wise choice.

Hebburn
Level Contributor
13 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Viking nile cruiser

Thanks to gparyy and jpae for their help. 4 weeks to go and can hardly wait. Especially now I know we've made a good choice.

somerset
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Viking nile cruiser

Returned from a week on the Royal Viking. You will not be disappointed she is spotless. We had a mid deck cabin which was comfortable and kept very clean by our steward. There is plenty of choice in the restaurant and all of it of a good quality. The guide we had "Mohsen" was excellant and a fountain of knowledge. so l hope you have as good a time as we did

Somerset Whino

Hebburn
Level Contributor
13 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Viking nile cruiser

Well, we did our trip on the Royal Viking and it was fantastic. Clean, comfortable and friendly. First class staff and lovely abundant food. Only criticism - drinks were very expensive, even the soft drinks but only bad point. Would recommend to anyone over 18 - children will be bored and a nuisance to other passengers.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Viking nile cruiser

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Royal Viking. We'll be on there next month - can't wait! You mentioned the drinks on board we're expensive. How much was it for soft drinks? Beer? Wine?

Hebburn
Level Contributor
13 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Viking nile cruiser

A can of coke was £1.50, water was 70p for 600ml's, spirits were £4.00 a shot, beer about £2.70 for local bottle and £4.50 for imported. Wine was minimum £20 per bottle and not great.

One tip - buy your water from the driver on the viking transport coaches - 3 600ml bottle for 10 egyptian (about £1). And they are cold too as he will keep them in the fridge onboard. We used to buy water for the day in the morning when we got on and for the evening as we left the bus.

8. Re: Royal Viking nile cruiser

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2012, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Luxor