We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm here :-)

jak717
Level Contributor
204 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
I'm here :-)

Hi all, well I'm sat on my terrace at the Jolie Ville right now enjoying the view :-) flight over here (Thomson) was ok. Delayed nearly 2 hours, smooth flight, not too uncomfy for me as only 4ft 11in but anyone taller usual prob with lack of legroom. When we got to airport few reps guiding people away from banks but we

just didn't take any notice and went there for visa no prob - 10GBP or 15

USD. Changed money 8.89LE to the

pound. Got cases quickly. Lot of hassle

from people wanting to push our trolley and my son had to hold onto it tightly and be very firm with his NO. Check in at hotel was fab, saved our room from last year and have an invite to return guest meeting. Went to snobs last night which was ok. Food and service ok but not best I have had. Off for breakfast now :-)

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm here :-)

Thanks for the first instalment! Have a great time and say hello to Ramesses.

Lambsie

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm here :-)

Sooooooooooo jealous, we came home to rain.

51 more weeks till I can return, so have a great time!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm here :-)

Sooooooooooooo jealous!

(Plagiarising DD's reply with a couple of extra 'O's)

Hopefully won't be long before we're doing the same (in the Pavillon instead)

Edited: 14 August 2010, 07:48
Norwich
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm here :-)

Likewise, soooooooooooo very jealous, we've been back 2 and a half weeks and it seems like a lifetime. 30 weeks and 4 days til we go back for the first holiday, then back again 15 weeks after we get back from that one, damn that Luxoritis, there really is no cure for it!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,502 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm here :-)

RE Luxoritis

We could start a self-help group??

Meetings monthly in Luxor??

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm here :-)

Good idea eLaReF but we'd need to help ourselves to a lot more cash than I've got at the moment.

What we need is a cunning plan...a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel...

jak717
Level Contributor
204 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm here :-)

My plan is to win the lottery and buy one of the apartments they are building here on the island :-)

Norwich
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm here :-)

Damn good idea eLaReF, came nowhere close on the lottery last night so stuck here for another week at least!

We went to look at the apartments at the Egyptian Experience when we were there last month, fell in love with a 3 bedroomed one right on the front, but wouldn't want to be there until the whole development is complete (inc shops and restaurants) bit too far out to have no facilities, but the views up and down the Nile from that apartment were stunning

9. Re: I'm here :-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 06:14
10. Re: I'm here :-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2011, 06:16