We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heat

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
530 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
Heat

Have been following the temperature closely in anticipation of our trip to Egypt next week. It will be 106 F/41 C tomorrow but cooling down to 97 F/36 by the end of the week. Dare I hope that temps will continue to moderate? We don't get to Luxor till Oct 31.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heat

We are experiencing a bit of an "Indian summer" here at the moment, it's more usual to have temperatures around the 36/37 mark by now.

However, this is Egypt, and one thing I have learned during my time here is that you should always expect the unexpected!

Best wishes,

Edward.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heat

hi returned from luxor yesterday 27th. temperature was about 40 degrees by mid day. starts to cool down about 4pm. but it is still very warm at night. no need for a cardigan/jacket.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heat

Thanks for that update mnpYorkshire - we fly to Luxor on November 1st and were hoping that the temperatures were dropping a bit too as it was recently indicating that it was going to be around 30 degrees on wunderground for next week. Nevermind, back to Plan A...

London, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heat

Will it be ok in mid-November? Can anyone tell me hours of daylight then and whether it gets cold in the evenings please.

If you only want to chill out for a few days, where is the best places to go for male and female in their 30's? sunbathing and nightlife?

Staying at the Emillio Inn which has a roof pool area.

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,741 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heat

Sunbathing is probably best done on the roof of the Emilio by the pool. As for nightlife, that depends very much on your definition.

You may find the following sites useful:

wunderground.com/global/stations/62405.html

wunderground.com/history/… (Thanks - eLaRef)

http://www.gaisma.com/en/location/luxor.html

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heat

Hello T-reks

It might be a little cooler in the early morning and the evenings, but if you travel with a lightweight fleece/cardigan or something similar, that will be fine if you do feel it chillier at those times (and it saves you packing something bulky in your suitcase).

Luxor is not known for it's nightlife I'm afraid - most hotels do have a singer (although I use that term loosely!!) or some sort of entertainment, but that's about as good as it gets! I think both the Sonesta and Nile Palace put on some sort of Egyptian show most nights. Have a look at www.luxortraveltips.com where you will find loads of useful information plus maps of Luxor showing you were the hotels etc. are located.

Also, have a look through the Top Questions about Luxor section which you will find on the right hand side of the forum page. There is a great deal of information here about dress codes, food, trips, hints and tips etc. My own top tips can be viewed here

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i19636-My_Top…

When sunbathing however, DO NOT underestimate the strength of the sun, even in November. Here is a link to an old post that may also help

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294205-i9426-k2…

London, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heat

Oh. thanks so much for your prompt replies, the links will be very helpful.

8. Re: Heat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 14:03
London, United...
Level Contributor
113 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heat

Thanks yassi.

As long as there are places open to browse around at night and some decent restaurants that's sufficient.for us. The history of Luxor and the weather, are the main attractions for us. Just wondered what time all the markets etc close down. Only really want to buy some lovely Egyption cotton beddding if it's reasonably priced. It is expensive in the UK.

Any tips where to shop?

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Heat

Hello again T-reks

This fairly recent thread may help

tripadvisor.co.uk/…28727937

There are some comments re bedding from post No. 5 onwards.

Get answers to your questions about Luxor
Recent Conversations