We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomas cook no more in flight entertainment

cumbria
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Topic
thomas cook no more in flight entertainment

just had a letter off thomas cook saying that there doing away with in flight entertainmant, but they say if you like you can hire a PSP for £7.50 per flight i dont think my dad would play a PSP at 70yrs old lol ..... 5+ hrs in a long time to twiddle your thumbs

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
349 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomas cook no more in flight entertainment

Does that mean they have also done away with trying to sell over priced pringles, minstrels, maltesers and the like or are they just scamming more money from their passengers who already have the earphones they sold for a cupple of quid.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,245 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomas cook no more in flight entertainment

Maybe they'll do as Monarch is now doing - sell you headphones so you can "enjoy" some dire tv repeats or sell you overpriced magazines.

We bought newspapers at the airport and had packed our own snacks & books.

Edited: 23 October 2010, 18:57
West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomas cook no more in flight entertainment

In flight "entertainment" is a big of a misnomer anyway as I never really get entertained and I sure wouldn't pay extra for old movies and rehashed tv shows.

All this paying extra is just one big rip off..my advice, for what its worth, a good book and an i-pod to while away the hours.

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,722 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomas cook no more in flight entertainment

Apart from the rubbish on the screens that you may or may not be able to see, I used to rely on the inflight meal service for my entertainment. Whether the food was good, bad or indiffernt it broke up the journey a bit and there was usually some problem along the way which prooved interesting to see how it was dealt with!

Having elected to give Easyjet a try for my next visit to Luxor (yes, I was desperate) I think I'd best pack War and Peace to read. ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: thomas cook no more in flight entertainment

LoL @ boringFS, if you are 'entertained' by the receipt of an inflight meal, then you must be very easily pleased IMO !

And on the subject of continiously (and increasingly) having to pay extra for everything aboard an aircraft these days, this just about says it all :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAg0lUYHHFc

The Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thomas cook no more in flight entertainment

Hahahaha, love it!!!

I'm going to be walking round work singing that for the rest of the day.

Exceedingly funny and catchy song and also VERY true about additional airline charges. Probably the only thing they don't charge us for YET is to use the stairs or tunnel to get on/off the plane!!!

No doubt that charge will be added in a few years ;-)

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,722 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thomas cook no more in flight entertainment

Suziesooze - I think that's planned for soon after the implementaion of the TT's - or toilet tokens to you and me! ;-) lol!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thomas cook no more in flight entertainment

Lol - I think the only entertaining thing about the in-flight meal is if you get a 'funny film' across the chicken gravy!!!

Of course, the other 'entertaining' bit is watching everyone else opening it all up and working out how to eat it in tandem with everyone else because you're squashed into the seats so much that you have to synchronise with those sitting next to you!! lol

UK
Level Contributor
574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thomas cook no more in flight entertainment

I just checked with Longwood and Monarch for our flight in November...

We HAVE paid to use the f*****g stairs!

Matt.

10. Re: thomas cook no more in flight entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Luxor