We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inexpensive Nile River Cruise?

USA
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Inexpensive Nile River Cruise?

Does anyone know of an affordable Nile River Cruise . . . about $100 USD per night? $300 a night is more than we want to pay. Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Inexpensive Nile River Cruise?

You can book a Nile cruise 'locally' (as in when you get to Luxor) fairly easily for under $100 per night, but the trouble is that you have to get there first.

Not quite sure from your post if that is what you meant, or whether you meant $100 per night inclusive of the flight to Luxor.

Edited: 08 November 2010, 09:43
USA
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inexpensive Nile River Cruise?

Thanks! If we booked a cruise after we get to Luxor - do cruises leave every day of the week so we don't need to worry about which day to get to Luxor? How many days is typical for a cruise? Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Inexpensive Nile River Cruise?

Sorry, I forgot to address that bit in your PM, didn't I? LoL !

Basically, you can get from Luxor to Aswan with a 2 night cruise (it will still make the same excusion stops as the longer cruises) with the difference being that you will spend the additional nights (with a 3 or 4 day) moored up at either end, or in the case of a 7 night cruise, sailing back the other way again.

In my experience, there ARE cruise boats that leave either Aswan or Luxor on most days, with the main difference being the main nationality of the rest of the other passengers on board.

On cruises I have taken in the past, the boat has sailed on a Sunday, a Monday, a Wednesday and I think a Thursday.

Hope that helps, :-)

canada
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Inexpensive Nile River Cruise?

I did my cruise with this range. The prices differ from cruise to another and from season to another. Its bu to search for a local company which will be able to give you cruise examples fit for your budget. If you the Co. name, i did the cruise through, send me.

5. Re: Inexpensive Nile River Cruise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2011, 07:19