We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating out in luxor

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
driffield
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Eating out in luxor

just want to know if you need to book to eat out in the little restaurants, puddleduck, lantern etc. we were half board last time at the sonesta, but we are staying bed and breakfast this time and are going to brave the outside!!!! thanks in advance..

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating out in luxor

I suppose it depends a bit but when I was there this time last year we never had any difficulty. There's quite a concentration anyway so if one were full there are plenty of others.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating out in luxor

If you want to be sure to get a table on a particular night at a particular restaurant, it would probably be wise to book, especially in some of the smaller places. As verity says though, there are a lot of restaurants in the same area so if one is full, you're bound to get a table in one of the others. I think most do take bookings if you did want to reserve a table.

I'm sure you'll love being B & B as there as so many places to try out. A lot are 'western style' but some of those who serve mainly English type food also serve local Egyptian food as well, so you can have the best of both worlds.

Edited: 19 November 2010, 18:52
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating out in luxor

As Verity says, it does depend on the time of year & how busy the town is although I'd advise booking for Sofra and the 1886 in the Winter Palace all year round.

4. Re: Eating out in luxor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2011, 05:18