We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Air Balloon Price?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
43 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Hot Air Balloon Price?

Has anyone haggled a great price in Luxor for a balloon flight recently. Just curious what the price range will be when I get there. I'm going to wait till I get there to book but wondering what I can expect to negotiate.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
10,396 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hot Air Balloon Price?

One of the best ways to actually haggle is to be buying more than one ticket.

Next, shop around.

Depending when you are going to Luxor i.e. busy season or not, buying at the last moment is likely to get you a low price, as they attempt to fill the flight.

'

I would suggest that you read this tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g294205-c147208/Lux…

And have a look at the 'balloon' folders in my photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/elaref - especially the Balloon Baskets one.

Having said in the article, referred to above, that booking with the UK travel agent was the most expensive way to do so, I paid £40 in September doing just that. 300LE to 400LE would be a fair price

The Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hot Air Balloon Price?

Hello,

I paid 350LE per person in October.

Another inside page worth reading is this one by Frazers (Jan) who is a balloon pilot and has flown in Luxor:- tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i21426-Guide_…

Suzie :-)

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
493 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hot Air Balloon Price?

I paid 350 LE in Early November through Abu Simbel Travel, for a flight with Magic Horizons.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
143 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hot Air Balloon Price?

Paid 300 EGP person last week in Magic air baloons (office opposite the road from Sonesta St george Hotel)

Bradford, UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hot Air Balloon Price?

thanks for the info Ria12 et al. I am going to Luxor on the 13 Dec and looking forward to doing the balloon ride. Luxor travel tips also gives around the figures that have been quoted.

I was wondering if there were any other balloon operators with who I could book direct to cut out the middleman - Magic have an office opposite the nile palace. What about the others, where are their offices?

Edited: 08 December 2010, 13:24
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hot Air Balloon Price?

We took a wonderful sunrise flight with Hod Hod Suliman for $120 US dollars per person. The price includes pick up and drop off at your hotel or boat in a private van. We were in the air for almost an hour, flew over some fantastic archeological sites, and had a super smooth landing. We would highly recommend it. We booked it through our tour guide the night before the trip. Any hotel or guide can call Hod Hod for you and they will come to your hotel or ship the night before the flight to answer questions and collect payment. They were very professional and safety always came first.

melbourne
Level Contributor
131 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hot Air Balloon Price?

yes it seems Hod Hod Soliman is the dearest, as I paid $703Egyptian Pounds last November. But they are supposed to be the most professional and safest with good pilots. I suppose you get what you pay for., but it seems a bit steep at double the going rate.

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,918 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hot Air Balloon Price?

There are, I believe, at least 8 Hot Air Balloon Companies working in Luxor at the moment. I think my list compiled in March 2010 is still up to date:

In no particular order of preference, pricing etc

1)Alaska

2)Dream Balloons

3)HodHod Sulliman

4)Horus

5)Magic Horizon

6)Sinbad

7)Sky Cruise

8) ?

All will have offices or agents in Luxor. Some do have websites but you'd have to do a search for them. All will offer the same kind of excursion - pick up and return to hotel, motorboat crossing the Nile with refreshemnt, and I believe they all give out a flight certificate at the end - some include a Tshirt too. What you should ask when you book is how long the flight is expected to be - some companies don't seem to be up for long before they return and take on new passengers (this may have changed since the new rules and conditions came out last year).

There are reviews for some of the balloon companies in the Things to Do section on the left of the page.

Edited: 06 January 2011, 09:54
Mentioned in this post
Alaska
Alaska
United States
Dream Balloons
Dream Balloons
75 Reviews
Luxor, Egypt
Leeds
Level Contributor
192 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hot Air Balloon Price?

We were quoted 600LE per person for a Hod Hod Soliman balloon trip in December, by Thomas Cook office in the Luxor Hilton. We negotiated him down to 500LE per person and I'm sure if we had the inclination we could have gone into town and got something cheaper.

The leaflet I picked up in a travel agent in Luxor later in the week quoted 350LE per person, but didn't name the operator.

Great trip, worth every penny! (Or pound!).

No free t-shirt with Hod Hod Soliman ;-)

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,918 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hot Air Balloon Price?

'No free t-shirt with Hod Hod Soliman '

Really! Want one of mine? :-)