We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dining on river cruises

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
lancs
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
dining on river cruises

hi

i fancy going on a nile river cruise

is there any boats with dining for just me and my partner,

the reason why i have stammer so im not great company with strangers;

thanks for your help

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dining on river cruises

In my experience they tend to put people together with those occupying nearby rooms so you have tables of 6 or 8. Rarely and depending on group size, we have all sat together on long tables pushed together.

I have seen just couples sitting together but they have been (so far as i know) the only people travelling with a particular tour operator.

Of course if a cruise is poorly attended you have more space to move about.

I would suggest that you email the tour operator you choose and ask them about dining arrangements or, failing any luck there, your partner speaks to the boat owners to see what they can do. Failing all that a word with the boats Maitre'D might be useful ?.

Guernsey, Channel...
Level Contributor
398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: dining on river cruises

Hi Pogues

First off, I really hope you go for this - with all due respect, the sites and experiences you would have, would leave you both lost for words anyway - I certainly was the first time I went to Egypt and the feeling of awe has never left me, after some 20 years or so. I have been on several Nile cruises.

Cruises tend to be pretty sociable events - I think some of the more expensive boats have an option for "couple" dining arrangements - as SWmuse points out, some boats have long tables where everyone sits together, some have round table settings, which tend to be for 8 or so people. These in my experience are not confined to each tour group, thing to do is to go to the bar before dinner, which will probably be your first meal, get to see who else is there, get into light, relaxed conversation, few words would do, and then arrange to sit with them. Although the waiters will ask you to stay at a table for the whole of the trip, this is not compulsory and up to you.

Have a wonderful time.

Best wishes

lancs
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: dining on river cruises

thankyou for your repiles

i will take your advice and get my partner to ring the tour operator,

i am sociable most of the times,

i just struggle with with people i dont know

take care

4. Re: dining on river cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2011, 05:20