We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest UK FCO travel advice

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,055 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Latest UK FCO travel advice

This is the link to the latest UK FCO travel advice

fco.gov.uk/en/…egypt

They are now saying "We now advise against all but essential travel to Cairo, Alexandria, Luxor and Suez."

lincoln
Level Contributor
518 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Latest UK FCO travel advice

Dont know why Luxor i have just spoken to egyption friend there he says no problem there at all and they dont want it.

norfolk, england
Level Contributor
405 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Latest UK FCO travel advice

But it could spread and if it does, it will spread quickly. I'm amazed its got to this already as the first couple of days seemed a little half-hearted.

Wivenhoe, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest UK FCO travel advice

Seems strange they say Luxor but no other tourist spots or just widen the restriction to the whole of Egypt. We are gutted as were going to Luxor for a week from Monday, with 2 days in Cairo in the middle. We expected Cairo to be cancelled but not Luxor. My thoughts are with the Egyptian people and I hope they get the results they deserve.

lincoln
Level Contributor
518 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest UK FCO travel advice

its all very sad dont know how people of Luxor will live tourist is there bread and butter hope they get what they want

coventry
Level Contributor
2,717 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest UK FCO travel advice

Hi

Even though there is no trouble there at the moment it still means that anybody who goes to Luxor is very unlikley to be covered by any travel insurance as most policies state that if you travel against FCO advice then the insurance is invalid .

england
Level Contributor
194 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest UK FCO travel advice

All I can say is gutted really gutted, we were due to go out to Cairo on Sunday for 3 days then luxor for 7 nights cruise, first trip to egypt :-(( I really hope that the egyptians get what they want as this could also have an impact on them

London, England
Level Contributor
7,774 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest UK FCO travel advice

Listening to BBC news at 01.30 on Sat mornnig and they are advising not to travel to Luxor.

We had a wonderful holiday there in December, but I do support the reasons for unrest.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
485 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Latest UK FCO travel advice

There may be little or no protest in Luxor at present, but unrest has spread to other outlying areas of Egypt, so the FCO advice might be mildly sensible.

The Egyptian Marathon was scheduled for Luxor yesterday (28th), I wonder whether or not it went ahead as planned ....

Gloucester, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Latest UK FCO travel advice

I am also due to fly out to Luxor 9th February. Have also spoken to a friend over there and he said very quiet and that no one would cause problems over there as they need tourist money so much. If you cannot travel to Luxor then why still other tourist resorts? It seems random and inaccurate advice from the FO.

All I can hope is that things calm down quickly and perhaps we can re-book for March/April. Really hope no one else gets hurt over there.

jersey
Level Contributor
212 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Latest UK FCO travel advice

what happens to our holiday if we cant go. we dont go till may and it could be over by then do we get our money back or can we choose to go somewhere else.it will take a month to get hold of someone at t/c .