We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Steigenberger Nile Palace

brentwood
Level Contributor
176 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Steigenberger Nile Palace

Has anybody stayed at the Nile Palace recently, who can confirm that there is building work being carried out.

I have read on the T/A Hotel report that there is work being done,but Thompsons say that there is not, i have emailed both the person who put the report on and the hotel to find out more, but thought i might get a early response from this forum.

The last time we stayed in Luxor, it was at the Sonesta ST. George, next door, and they were having 2 extra floors added, so you can imagine ny concern.

Many thanks

Bamboos

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
39 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Steigenberger Nile Palace

Hi. I saw no work being carried out when I stayed there for a night on March 22. But would I stay here again? Not in a courtyard room. If you do end up satyaing there, don't get a courtyard view. And if you can afford it, just change your stay and stay at Sofitel Winter Palace. You are already spending money ona great vacation, why not just make sure you will have a great time and indulge a little. I did for 2 nights and it was almost perfect there. Plus there are wonderful gardens, and Luxor temple is just across the street, and its so quiet there!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Steigenberger Nile Palace

I was at the Nile Palace last week and I saw no sign of any building work. All was quiet and peaceful.

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Steigenberger Nile Palace

I find courtyard views just fine. You see the Nile everyday as it is and spending money on an upgrade which may only give you a partial view or a "restricted" view always seems a bit of a rip off to me.

Derby
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Steigenberger Nile Palace

I am flying out to the Nile Palace on 27 April and have heard no reports of any building work. The inner courtyard rooms are fine, the entertainment finishes about 10 - 10.30 pm and I have never found this a problem. I always stay at this hotel because I get looked after so well.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Steigenberger Nile Palace

Although I don't stay there (obviously!), we do visit a couple of times a week for tea and coffee. We certainly haven't been aware of any building works.

Nevertheless, I will ask my contact there if there is anything going on which we have not noticed.

I'll get back to you.

Edward.

brentwood
Level Contributor
176 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Steigenberger Nile Palace

Thanks for all your reply's. I have seen the hotel reply to the post on the hotel review site, it says that there is work being carried out on the 6th floor ( the roof ) and they are sorry about the noise,

this was in March 2011, Thompson still say there is no work being carried out, i have asked then to email me with that answer to my question.

no answer yet from the hotel direct, but i did get a return email telling me that my enquiry is being dealy with .

Not sure that i agree with the last Hotel report , about the Nile Palace being a Budget Hotel. but we want to stay in town, not at the winter Palace as this reviewer keeps plugging.

Thanks for all your reply's

Bamboos

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Steigenberger Nile Palace

We stayed there a week ago in a Nile View room and there was a consistent pounding we could here coming from above. It lasted into the evening but quit sometime before bed. We didn't notice it the first day but it was a little bothersome the second. We just headed out to the pool and then the town.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Steigenberger Nile Palace

I made enquiries tonight at the Nile Palace about building work. My contact there said that there was indeed some building work going on, on the roof.

The builders are confining the work to during the day, while most guests are out sightseeing, and that they have had one complaint.

On the plus side; the entertainment is back on.

Mind you, while the Nile Palace is "in the town", it's in the southern part of the town and is a 25 or 30 minute walk to the Temple, which is more or less in the town centre.

Best wishes,

Edward

Level Contributor
300 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Steigenberger Nile Palace

Hope for no building work

brentwood
Level Contributor
176 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Steigenberger Nile Palace

Just heard from the Hotel, the below paragraph is a cut and paste from their reply, so please no remarks about my Grammer.

Greeting From Steigenberger Nile Palace

First of all let me thank you for interesting at our hotel

With reference to your below mail , kindly be informed that it is a very light constriction this days but I haven’t fix date for that , we will ensure that you will be away of any noise during you stay .

Please contact us two week before arrival date to make sure that we receive your reservation in order to trace it .

Thompson still insist there is no work being carried out that they are aware of.

Anybody staying at the Nile Palace soon, would be best advised to contact them.

Thanks again to all

Bamboos