We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Egypt Air - flights inside Egypt

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
143 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Egypt Air - flights inside Egypt

I'll be in Egypt in November and have been trying to reserarch flights from Cairo to Luxor, then from Aswan on to Abu Simbel and back to Cairo. Egypt Air web site advises me they can only book these flights in connection with an international flight. Does anyone have any information on this? I will be coming from South Africa. Will I have to get my flight fro Jo'burg to Cairo on Egypt Air? Is there another way to go about getting flights inside Egypt?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,659 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Egypt Air - flights inside Egypt

This is strange... I have booked domestic flights to Hurghada for next week on their website...I do know tho I did have trouble trying to book an international flight because they said they no longer accept credit cards on line????,,,,,

Maybe someone else may be able to help you but it does seem a bit odd them saying that.. especially when not everyone is travelling internationally...what about locals?...

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,628 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Egypt Air - flights inside Egypt

www.egyptair.com

I had no trouble doing a trial booking from Cairo to Luxor one way on April 23. Try again. You should be able to do this easily. Maybe November is too far away to book?? Although that's not the case here in US-can easily book 6 months ahead to get the good deals.

Edited: 20 April 2011, 02:18
Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Egypt Air - flights inside Egypt

i have booked internal flights without any problem before. Have you tried setting your home country as egypt when you go onto the egypt air web site? That might help, you may also find the flights cheaper.

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Egypt Air - flights inside Egypt

Setting Egypt as your home country usually does the trick especially if you are booking internal flights and therefore Egypt is, at least temporarily, your home country.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
143 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Egypt Air - flights inside Egypt

Thanks to everyone for your replies! I'm glad to hear my experience is not what you have had. I'll keep trying.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Egypt Air - flights inside Egypt

We were in Egypt in March/April 2011 and did a few internal flights with Egypt Air - all booked from home about 3 months in advance with no problem. We flew Cairo to Aswan, Aswan to Abu Simbel and Luxor to Cairo. Like the other posters, I suggest you set your country to Egypt on the Egypt Air website.

7. Re: Egypt Air - flights inside Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 01:20