We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch flights

UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch flights

Hi, we are hoping to go to the Jolliville at the end of the month for third tome and looking at booking with Monarch. Two years ago we flew with them and paid extra for what i remember was purple seats with extra width and leg room and almost like premium grade. Does anyone know if they still do this and what is the cost the flight is MON5238 on 30th May. any help and advice grateful received, many thanks. PS anyone stayed at Jolliville recently? Is it still good for middle-aged couples?

Michael

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
626 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch flights

Hi Michael,

In the absence of any other responses .... can't help with your Monarch flight query as we went with Thomson.

However I CAN assure you that the Jolie Ville remains good for middle-aged couples so long as you don't mind a bit more of a walk from the super new accommodation to the restaurant and bar.

Our review was stuck in TA vetting for a while but has just appeared ... tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g294205-d3… ... quite long and a bit controversial perhaps but hope you find it helpful.

UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch flights

Thanks so much for your reply and your review was amazing and so helpful, we stayed in X block in 2008 and loved it but it sounds like the news ones are better, thanks again.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for County Galway
Level Contributor
1,990 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch flights

All of Monarch's seating upgrades are listed on their website here http://www.monarch.co.uk/faq/flights/seating . I always book extra legroom for flights longer than an hour anyway and have used the Monarch service several times in the past 12 months for flights to Spain, the Canary Islands and Egypt - each time it was quite a straight forward process that involved a phonecall (monarch.co.uk/faq/flights/seating/upgrade-to…) and a discussion with a very helpful sales person to make sure that I have got the correct seat. I personally prefer to book the emergency exit seats as the leg room is at it's maximum but I think that the width of these seats is less than normal as the tray is in the arm rest so they may not be suitable as you are asking for extra width too - I'd phone and find out. I paid £35 per sector for my most recent upgrades to Luxor but it looks like it has now gone up to £40 - another 'tax' for being tall...

Lincolnshire,England
Level Contributor
404 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch flights

We returned from a nile cruise on 2nd May and flew Monarch. The seats are incredibly small. Upgrade is £40 pp each way. Flying out we were moved for free as the cabin stewardess took pity on my 6'4 partner but as the centre arm rest didn't move we couldn't stay in them as they were too narrow. At least the normal seats the arm rest goes back between the seats and gives you extra room

5. Re: Monarch flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2012, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Luxor