We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deal of the day?

UK
Level Contributor
574 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Deal of the day?

Noted on the internet...June 29...14 days B+B...Gatwick ...Luxor Sonesta inc inward bus transfer.

Called out of curiosity and confirmed price with Deal of the Day...

Been to Luxor many times so KNOW it is too hot at this time...but this seems ridiculous...?

Matt.

Northern England
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deal of the day?

We were there when a heatwave came in from Sudan, 48 min over 50 one day.

Coped by staying in a shady bar. With air con. Went out late evening into air con bars. Seemed to be ok, though we did have a touch of air con fever.

Hope this helps.

On the other hand also been there when it was unusually cold, had to go out and buy woolly jumpers.

UK
Level Contributor
574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deal of the day?

Sorry...

Forgot the most relevant thing - priced at £295 per head...less than the cost of a flight, or what?

Matt.

Northern England
Level Contributor
84 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deal of the day?

Snatch their hands off mate, at that price you won't notice how hot it is.( Sorry to call you mate if you is a lady)

Guernsey, Channel...
Level Contributor
398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Deal of the day?

Hi

Deal of the Day....

Call me wimp of the day if you like, but I would have to be paid at least £10,000 a day to get out of bed and go for this deal. Heat is just about easy for me during mid winter months - any idea what the room deal is for Sonnesta, as of, where in the hotel you may be staying?

Have fun and don't flambe.

Best wishes

Leeds
Level Contributor
165 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Deal of the day?

Just searching for cheap deals for my daughter's birthday and found JV for £250 from Manchester 30 May - this really is too good to be true - excludes luggage, meals & transfers

south yorkshire...
Level Contributor
8,512 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Deal of the day?

think ours was a great deal go on 25th May, on boat AI for £340 each, that is a deal

London, England
Level Contributor
8,480 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Deal of the day?

We paid £285 each for 7 nights in the Sonesta last December, which is high season.

Remember the most costly part of the holiday is the flight, so normally a 14 night holiday will be more economical than a 7 night one. Most tour operators are having a hard time at the moment and are finding it very difficult to sell holidays to Tunisia and Egypt.

Therefore, if you can put up with the heat (I personally can't) there are lots of bargains to be had.

Guernsey, Channel...
Level Contributor
398 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Deal of the day?

Hey there Herman

Good to hear you both have made it back to Egypt, do tell, how is Sonnesta? Am looking to book for late, very late Autumn.

Best wishes

Berkshire
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Deal of the day?

Where did you find that deal?

Rickmansworth...
Level Contributor
609 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Deal of the day?

Looks like the tour operators who are still going ahead with packages are doing their best to fill up the planes - good news for people concerned that their holiday could be cancelled, and good news for the tourist industry in Luxor. All you need in that heat is a good swimming pool, some shade and lots of books! :)

Get answers to your questions about Luxor