We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking excursions on Nile cruise

Woking
4 posts
Save Topic
booking excursions on Nile cruise

I intend to go on a nile cruise and wondered if it is best to book the excursion trips in advance through the travel co. or is it better/cheaper to book when on the cruise etc

UK
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking excursions on Nile cruise

If you book on the cruise, you may get hit by exchange rates, I did. The excursions are priced in UK£ but charged onto the room tab in LE using the boat's exchange rate (which is less than favourable to say the least). Then if you pay by credit card it gets converted back to £ using your bank's exchange rate. So you can be paying up to 20% more than the listed price.

Other boats may do it differently though, that's just my experience.

Edited: 16 June 2011, 11:09
West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking excursions on Nile cruise

Theres usually a bulk discount if you buy them all in advance in the UK over the cost of individual trips on the boat. That said you may not want to do them all so might save money by just picking and choosing.

Boats sometimes offer excursions that are non-bookable in the UK as optional extras as well.

3. Re: booking excursions on Nile cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 14:42
Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: booking excursions on Nile cruise

hi there , any way it's OK because you can reserve from your travel agent budget trip include sightseeing , but if you would like to reserve here may be cheaper but this point depend on your reservation for the cruise , means you'll reserve the cruise boat from agent and you make the transfer with the same agent or not

any way have a nice trip

aswan
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: booking excursions on Nile cruise

I advise that you book the boat when you arrive to Luxor or Aswan prices are much cheaper

price rate from 40$ to 60$ per per person with out tour

if you want i can sand you some travel agents in Luxor and Aswan

Woking
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: booking excursions on Nile cruise

thanks all for your input and points raised.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,582 posts
233 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booking excursions on Nile cruise

One minor point that has to be considered - your travel insurance

It might only cover you for things booked as part of your package (assuming you are booking one and not just flights & hotels etc.) and these may need to be booked before deoparture from the UK

OR

It may only cover you for trips booked from the boat

OR

It may cover you for everything anyway even if you book privately off the boat

Essex UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: booking excursions on Nile cruise

I have just got back from a Nile cruise from Luxor to Aswan, we had pre booked most of our trips when we booked the holiday, and this was reasonalby priced a £99 for about 9 excursions, however we booked an additional trip from Aswan to Abu Simbel. The company we went with The Holiday Place charged us £98 each for the trip by road, some of our fellow travellers went into the Thomas Cook shop in Aswan which is a short walk from where the boats moor up, and booked a near identical trip for half price. and that included insurance and guide. Also all the road trips to Abu Simbel leave in the same convoy at the same time, there and back for security

Woking
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: booking excursions on Nile cruise

Thank you so much for your input as my wife and I intended to go to abu simbel and your advice is most welcome as that's what we will do.

Woking
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: booking excursions on Nile cruise

Was the fees paid in Sterling or the local currency at the Thomas Cook shop in Aswan?

Get answers to your questions about Luxor
Recent Conversations