We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

river nile cruise with flights and packages

essex
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
river nile cruise with flights and packages

Hi everbody can anyone tell me if they have been on river nile cruise with the company flights and packages we are going to book in a couple weeks time i have looked on the site and the boat and hotel look lovley just wondered if anyone has been its our first time on nile cruise thank u sally southend on sea.

Bedford, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

We returned yesterday from a Nile Cruise. We travelled with Discover Egypt. Our boat was changed when we got there. There are very few boats operating on the Nile which is good in some ways as there are no crowds anywhere. The boat we were changed to did not live up to or expectations.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,227 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

Hi Sally,

If we knew which company you were thinking of booking with, it might be a help? There are, quite literally, thousands of agents worldwide which book Nile cruises, so it's a knocking bet that one or two of them should be given a wide berth. In general though, it's a great way to be introduced to the wonders of Egypt and I expect that pamanddave51 still enjoyed their holiday, despite the boat not being what they expected.

pamanddave51,

I hope my last statement was near the mark? It's sad to not get what you had hoped for, and I hope you made your disappointment known to the Discover Egypt people here in Luxor. Nevertheless, I hope you also realise that circumstances here are beyond the control of the tour companies or their handling agents. The revolution and religious problems have been blown up all around the world and this bad publicity has frightened huge numbers of tourists away.

I expect that the boats which are being used are chosen by the agents with the largest numbers of passengers, or something like that, and that the smaller companies have to fit in wherever they are able.

I hope you enjoyed Egypt anyway, and that your interest might have been whetted so that you return at a better time.

Best wishes,

Edward.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Luxor
Luxor
Nile River Valley, Egypt
Bedford, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

Thank you Edward, we absolutley loved Egypt and would love to return again some day. We were dissappointed not to get the standard of boat that we had anticipated but dissappointed not to have been advised before we travelled. The rep in Egypt was unhelpful and just told us it was an upgrade which clearly it was not. There were lots of issues with the boat, the Nile Dolphin, which I am taking up with Discover Egypt. It is perfectly understandable given the sitaution in Egypt currently that people are nervous about travelling but I can assure them that we had nothing but great service, with no evidence of any difficulties so I would say go now before the crowds build up again! The operators on the Nile are experiencing huge difficulties with only a handful of boats operating and I can only assume we had what was available.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
10,388 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

Edward

I took it that the company was called 'Flights and Packages'?

Modern schooling thinks grammar etc. is't important, but I have to disagree.

Or it was written by a native arabic speaker where there are no capitals?

I tried looking them up on the net, but could not find them so I may be wrong

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

I found this website :

http://www.flightsandpackages.com/default/

There are a few different boats mentioned though

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

Like Marlscat I found the website and there are several boats to choose from. If you tell us the name of the boat you may find reviews on here that you can read but I must admit I had never heard of the company before reading your post.

Bedford, United...
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

I have seen their adverts for some time in the newspapers so they have been around for a while. Just beware you may not get the boat you want when you get there as there are so few boats operating.

essex
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

I think the name of the boat from looking at the photos of the boat on the site is called the victortia but i could't find any information with regards to this plenty of information about the hotel after the cruise must say it does look very nice sally

essex
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

Well i must say after seeing the ad in the daily mail i had no problem finding the site Flights and Packages.com quite a good site realy plenty of good offers Sally.

10. Re: river nile cruise with flights and packages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 June 2011, 14:14