We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety in numbers

Level Contributor
300 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
safety in numbers

Maybe we visitors should make a larger group when going out at night,get together with peeps in ur hotel.we r nile palace first two weeks in sept all welcome! Lynda

Cairo, Egypt
Destination Expert
for Egypt, Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
3,194 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: safety in numbers

its nice to meet others while traveling , but situation is safe in Egypt and I wish that just people do not think that there is any danger here, really situation is safe and people can go out and walk freely any time

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: safety in numbers

Certainly no harm in meeting others and I can well understand if people would prefer company than going it alone. In situations were hotels are struggling with bookings it can certainly make your stay more enjoyable if you find others to do stuff with rather than play hunt the fellow tourist!

liverpool
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: safety in numbers

Good idea cookiesmum, sometimes people can feel a little vunerable on holiday no matter where it is. Top marks for the idea I wish I was going I would certainly join your group

liverpool
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: safety in numbers

Good idea cookiesmum, sometimes people can feel a little vunerable on holiday no matter where it is. Top marks for the idea I wish I was going I would certainly join your group

Edited: 08 July 2011, 16:11
UK
Level Contributor
574 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: safety in numbers

I have no wish to justify or criticise or analyse the comments above in any way whatsoever.

Just feel so deeply sad that I am reading such comments about a place, and a people, who have been such a wonderful part of our lives for so many years...and will continue to be in the future...

Insh'Allah

Matt.

sheffield
Level Contributor
157 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: safety in numbers

I have been going to Luxor for a number of years and have been twice since the revolution and i really think some peoples comments and fears are being taken out of context. I think that apart from a bit of minor high spirits from youths (like nothing compared to most areas of our cities), due to the lack of police presence and a bit of extra hassle from the Caleche men who are generally an obnoxious and unpleasant lot (there are probably exceptions), Luxor remains much as it was, far far safer to walk about at night than our cities and suburbsj

I have been aware that there is a crooked element , ie thieves, pick pockets ever since i started going there,as in most societies. But like every where else u just have to keep your wits about you. I would like to hear details of these alleged muggings reported in an earlier post near the St Josephs Hotel, as quite frankly i find this very hard to believe.

Level Contributor
300 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: safety in numbers

Sl51 I also luv luxor and don't get me wrong I'm not slating it,but it is what it is and havin a bit of fun at the same time and also keepin safe can't be a bad idea.its better than keepin away don't u think?

Level Contributor
300 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: safety in numbers

Hey suzy glad u like the idea I'll post when I get back on how big the group gets lol.lynda

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,612 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: safety in numbers

i'd prefer the company of locals to that of fellow tourists, generally speaking. nothing against spending time with people you met and click with, of course ... but i would never hunt around for tourists to be with - when i have a perfectly good country full of wonderful people to meet . i mean ... why travel if i just wanted to stick around my own culture ...?

10. Re: safety in numbers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 July 2011, 23:35