We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable Taxi - Luxor

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Reliable Taxi - Luxor

Hi all,

Im cruising in October but an still considering taking an extra week in Luxor. Can anyone pm me with details of a reliable taxi? Im would be planning to go to the west bank for a half day, Abydos andpossibly Dendara. Also several local runs. If you could give me an idea of cost that would be great also. If anyone can reccomend a good travel company i may go that route but money is tight, as im sure all can identify with at the moment, Many thanks,

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable Taxi - Luxor

hiya seti how u duin iv just come back from luxor last week and been going to luxor for 20 years ,

i use a top taxi driver called hassan,he is a clean well dressed taxi driver and takes pride in his the keeping of his taxi which is immaculate inside and out,

hassan has a new air conditioned taxi, and is a mind of local information, about the sites in luxor and egypt,

hassan can be found outside st josephs hotel, and his cab is number 304, and his contact number is ,,,(002)0102760092, just give him a call,

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable Taxi - Luxor

Thanks Maggie!

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reliable Taxi - Luxor

hiya seti i normaly travel with my daughter laura 22 who is blonde hair and blue eyes and fair skin, and somtimes get a little to much attension from the locals and hassan has walked with us so that we have been able to walk about without getting to much hassels, which was brill ,

Level Contributor
300 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reliable Taxi - Luxor

Great just what we needed a good taxi,will lookin him out in sept.thanks lynda.

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reliable Taxi - Luxor

Seti_333

I am happy to recommend a couple of drivers and have sent you a pm as requested.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Reliable Taxi - Luxor

Thanks Boring!

west bromwich
Level Contributor
120 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reliable Taxi - Luxor

Can anybody recommend a reliable taxi driver we are staying at the El luxor hotel. Flying out this wednesday.

Edited: 25 July 2011, 18:36
Level Contributor
300 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reliable Taxi - Luxor

One of the previous posts in this thread gives a good tip for a taxi we r gonna try him in sept.lynda

Have a g8 visit

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,010 posts
229 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reliable Taxi - Luxor

Seti 333

I used the same cab driver as maggieomx ,Hassan, Cab 304 who stations himself by the St Joseph Hotel, he was always punctual ,reliable and a great bloke to have a chat and laugh with.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reliable Taxi - Luxor

hiya baggieboy how u duin? as i posted before you cant go wrong than have hassan and cab 304 its a new air- conditioned car, which he takes pride in as with himself and the way he dresses!! always clean and showered ...(theres nothing worse that a driver who hums !!)

hassan is a mind of info for all trips, and around luxor and surrounding areas,

hes youngish and you can ave a right laugh with him,

hassan can be found outside st josephs hotel, and his cab is number 304, and his contact number is ,,,(002)0102760092, just give him a call,