We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

another revolution brewing

cumbria
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Topic
another revolution brewing

and they wonder why many tourists are not going to Egypt there taking food out of there own mouths, why can't they just wait and see what happen's in the elections, sorry rant over

Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,586 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: another revolution brewing

I haven't red of any tourists being attacked. Indeed many posters are saying that most tourist areas, if not all, are unaffected. I am sure though someone will now correct me.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: another revolution brewing

"why can't they just wait and see what happen's in the elections"

Simple answer is because they don't care about their brethren in the world of tourism, they have no idea that it is Upper Egypt's lifeblood. Like so many modern populations, the Caireans think only Me Me Me, and hang the consequences for anyone else!

Regards,

Edward.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: another revolution brewing

when are the elections? Edward can i ask you, is there much support for the brotherhood?

cumbria
Level Contributor
278 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: another revolution brewing

your right Edward, as new people think about going to Luxor then they read, see whats going on in Cairo and they think we better go somewhere else for our hols .... Caireans Edward thats a new one on me

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: another revolution brewing

Oh bother, flying out on wednesday! wanders off to find tin hat, gas mask & riot gear ......Joking aside, hope the UK govt doesn't over-react again!

lincoln
Level Contributor
518 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: another revolution brewing

Please all you in Cario calm down you are spoiling it for other parts of your country but we are still coming to Luxor.x

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: another revolution brewing

When are the elections? How long is a piece of string????

As for the MB's, they had a big rally in Luxor a couple of months ago. It was attended by maybe 2000 people? But the car/coach park behind the Temple was filled with buses bearing Qena registration plates!

The only faces I saw which I recognised as being local, were of people passing though the square.

I'm sorry to not be of much help.

Edward.

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
1,780 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: another revolution brewing

From what I hear the residents in Cairo are also getting a little frustrated with the constant demos.

R

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: another revolution brewing

Luxor has been hit very hard by what is going on, along with flights being cancelled there from some tour companies until Sept. nobody knows why Luxor has been singled out in this way as there has been very little going on there apart from businesses struggling through the lack of tourists!!!

The only difference you will obviously experience is getting around the sites without the crowds of tourists.

Tourists we need you back.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: another revolution brewing

English, i think all would agree with the sentiment of wanting tourists back but there has to be a degree of realism. The majority of posts on here indicate that Luxor isnt as pleasent and enjoyable as it was before the unrest. That does not mean its still not worth visiting but at the moment all but a few posts have said that the hassle factor has been ramped up and that in some cases locals touting for business are being overly aggressive and rude. To be honest from my own point of view if the hassle has been ramped up then im probably going to fond it unpleasant, the level it was at before was ok but there wwere times even beofr the troubles when it was too persistant. The poeple responsible for this need to accept that its doing them harm. A general change of attitude is required to get people back. On top of this is the current economic climate. People dont have the money to go on holiday like before, all the more reason that pushy sellers should reign in their behaviour to avoid making things much worse.