We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter Palace Pavillion

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Winter Palace Pavillion

Hi

Does anyone know if they are still upgrading from Winter Palace Pavillion to the Old Winter Palace in Luxor? We got an upgrade in March which was wonderful because it was so quiet - just wondering how long it was lasting!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter Palace Pavillion

I shall let you know shortly - we'll be there on Wednesday evening. Fingers crossed!

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winter Palace Pavillion

Thanks - have fun wherever you stay and I look forward to hearing.

The Pavillion looked lovely anyway and shares the same facilities as the Winter Palace - but to be upgraded was a special treat!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,240 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winter Palace Pavillion

We're in the Palace - the Pavillion is closed. I hate to think what the people who genuinely paid proper Palace prices think of all the upgrades!

London
Level Contributor
389 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Winter Palace Pavillion

I think you've had a real result! I've just been checking prices for a friend who was thinking of booking a last minute break, and all the companies I've looked at seem to have stopped taking bookings for the PAvilion now.

I booked for a week at the Hilton from 3 August at a really silly price a few days ago, and the Pavilion was still showing as available at normal prices then. When I looked a few weeks back, prices were still high, but in the last couple of weeks the cost of flights and rooms seems to have plummeted.

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Winter Palace Pavillion

Thanks for letting us know! Well done - it's so amazing isn't it! Yes, those who paid full price must feel gutted - but perhaps they are unaware. We are looking through teletext but not finding the same deal as we had in March and I feel the prices seem to be going up at the Pavillion; but we'll keep looking!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,200 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Winter Palace Pavillion

DD I bet you're gutted!

I presume Mr DD took enough pairs of long trousers, 'just in case'?

7. Re: Winter Palace Pavillion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2012, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Luxor