We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anyone sailed on the ms mahrousa

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
anyone sailed on the ms mahrousa

has anyone been on the ms mahrousa in 2011 and is the boat still working on the nile because i cannot find anything about the ship from this year and i am due to sail on it in two weeks time thanks.

The Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: anyone sailed on the ms mahrousa

Hi Steve,

If you use the search facility in the green box at the top of the forum page a few topics from 2011 come up,

Here's a few to get you started:-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294205-i9426-k4…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294203-i9259-k4…

Suzie :-)

Edited: 19 August 2011, 08:45
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anyone sailed on the ms mahrousa

I'm not sure if this is the exact same boat or not, but after a Google search I found these reviews, some of which are from 2011

http://www.holidaycheck.com/ship-cruise+ship+reviews_Sentido+MS+Mahrousa-ch_sb-sid_506.html

The same website has video clips too

http://www.holidaycheck.com/ship-Videos_Sentido+MS+Mahrousa-ch_rv-sid_506.html?action=detail&mediaId=29032

Hope that helps.

**The links I gave aren't turning blue, so you will need to copy and paste them to your browser**

Edited: 19 August 2011, 09:25
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: anyone sailed on the ms mahrousa

thanks suzie for the links it sounds like we should have a great time , iwill write a review when we get back

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anyone sailed on the ms mahrousa

thanks marlscat hope i spelt it write have used links sounds like it is sailing so should have great time thanks again

The Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2,549 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: anyone sailed on the ms mahrousa

Hello again,

Hope you have a wonderful time, looking forward to reading the review.

Suzie :-)

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anyone sailed on the ms mahrousa

Hi Steve

You're very welcome - hope you have a fab time (I'm sure you will). Will look forward to hearing all about it when you come back.

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: anyone sailed on the ms mahrousa

Hi,

This link :- tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294200-i9124-k4…

has, at post 7, a review ( I am 99.9% sure) of the boat you mention. It doesnt sound very good I am sorry to say but if you contact the poster they may be able to give you more information.

I would say hope that helps...but in this particular case, I fear it may not ;-(

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: anyone sailed on the ms mahrousa

Hi SWMUSE,actually me and my husband has just returned from Egypt after a week on the MS MAHROUSA,and believe me it was one of the worse Nile cruises we had,we have been 7 times,and this one was the most expensive,the food was not to our taste,alright if you are a veggie,the bar staff was very ignorant,the beds were rock hard,actually,the day before we left the manager had a meeting with us to try and solve the problems,Thomas Cook rep has had to fill in a complaint form,never will we go with the SENTIDO group who owns the MAHROUSA,we have always cruised the Nile with the PRESIDENTIAL NILE CRUISES,they are superb,the food was great,staff were brill,and cabins very comfortable

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: anyone sailed on the ms mahrousa

I wouldjust like to advice anyone who is sailing on the MAHROUSA on the Nile,we have just returned on the 24th August after a week,and I must say,it was the worse boat we have been on,we have done 7 Nile cruises,and this one took the biscuit...food we did not like,alright if you are a veggie,the beds were rock hard,the bar staff didnt acknowledge any of us,no manners whats so ever...we had a meeting with the manager day before we left to return to the UK,to try and sort the problems out,Thomas Cook rep has filed our complaints to head office,few guests went down with jelly belly...I would not recommend this boat,we have always cruised with the PRESIDENTIAL NILE company,there food is superb,staff are very friendly and helpful and the cabins are very comfortable

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: anyone sailed on the ms mahrousa

I am sorry to hear of your experience gillmart and I know the feeling, because like you, after having done 8 Nile cruises, on different boats (large and small), with different operators, ALL had something special about them, but then, like you, we went on a cruise that changed our opinions and put us off cruising the Nile for years.

Your comments do support a post I made recently, where I took issue with a poster stating that 'All Nile cruises are of the same high standard', because as I posted in that thread and as you have now just found out, they clearly are NOT and there are some really rubbish boats running, along side the mostly fantastic ones.