We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ms orchid

hull uk
Level Contributor
202 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
ms orchid

could anybody tell me why there are no reviews in the last few months on the above named ship. THANK YOU. ANDY.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
907 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ms orchid

We stayed on this last year and could never find any reviews, if any good we had a wonderful time.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ms orchid

I'm not sure if this will help - links to reviews on the MS Orchid from other websites

holidaywatchdog.com/…revtext_170091

holidays-uncovered.co.uk/egypt/luxor/nile-cr…

Cambridge, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ms orchid

just done the criuse its not worth the money/u spend the fisrt two days in dock in luxor/the on boared rep not very good / i go u eygpt a lot but WILL NEVER DO A NILE TIRP AGAIN

Edited: 23 September 2011, 12:25
hull uk
Level Contributor
202 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ms orchid

HI FRANK, are you sure she was not having repairs done or something like. seems a lot, nearly a third of a severn day holiday. ANDY.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ms orchid

uktripper,

Follow this link to another thread currently running that covers this subject and see reply no.4 re time cruise boats are moored in Luxor or Aswan.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294205-i9426-k4…

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ms orchid

Hi UK Tripper

I can assure you that Orchid has not been having repairs done to it. This boat has been running all the time. I know this as I work on one of the other Coral Seas boats on the fleet, and use Orchid if I want to go back to Luxor when my boat is docked in Aswan.

I obviously talk to the guests whilst on board, last time was last week, and they all have a wonderful experience.

Yes it is docked in Luxor for 2 days to enable you to see Valley of the Kings etc., like most of the boats.

Hope this helps you.

hull uk
Level Contributor
202 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ms orchid

thanks kv . that sorted that out. glad to hear they enjoyed there stay on the orchid. when you were tra veling back to luxor.

hull uk
Level Contributor
202 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ms orchid

sorry KV reply was for english.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ms orchid

My sister and i went on the orchid in nov 2011, the boat was very outdated, and health and safey was just awful. The decking felt was coming up i got my flip flop caught under it and almost fell over. The ladders to the swimming pool were coming out of the cracked cement. The cabins were very poor quailty, bathrooms small with dirty grouting. Showers went hot and cold as you were under them. We both had a massage and were told £45 but on paying for it at the end of our stay it went up to £50 they said the exchange rate had gone up. We were constantly beening harrased, to have beauty treatments and we felt that we couldn't say no. When we returned home i spoke to first choice about this and also the fact that it is not in their brochure that you sail more in the night then you do in the day. I asked them for answers to all our questions giving them the chance to reply within the 28 days but we got no reply. The sister boat the Jasmine was so much nicer and more updated that we wished we had waited the next week as that one was going when we were going home.

10. Re: ms orchid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Luxor