We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

100 Tourists on a site visit!?!

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
100 Tourists on a site visit!?!

We will be on our first Nile Cruise in October - on the Mahrousa . Not a very big boat, I suppose, but I am starting to visualise the Trips to all the sites we want to see. 115 passangers - will it be like a school bus trip? Pushing and shoveing to see what's going on, and hear the Guide? Please can somebody re-assure me it will not be too much of a bun-fight??

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
394 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 100 Tourists on a site visit!?!

I imagine there will be numerous tour groups on the ship and each wil have their own guide. You will be able to see everything and also hear your guide speak.

Hope this helps.

Ukiah, California
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 100 Tourists on a site visit!?!

I'm sure you will have great time on the Mahrousa trips.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 100 Tourists on a site visit!?!

Every cruise I have been on has had several guides, each having a group of approx 20-25 guests. Generally there has been a coach for each group to & from the sites so it has been quite calm & comfortable.

Essex
Level Contributor
363 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 100 Tourists on a site visit!?!

You can walk around the temples etc on your own away from the tour guide, just make sure you get the time of departure before you wander off.

There are many good books that will give you an overview of the sites, you will be surprised at what you can find and see by having a wander around.

Walsall, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 100 Tourists on a site visit!?!

Are you sure there will actually be 115 passangers on board, or is that how many passangers the boat can carry?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,208 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 100 Tourists on a site visit!?!

From what I witnessed regarding tourist numbers on my recent trip to Luxor, I would be surprised if there were 115 passengers on all the cruise boats put together and would be very surprised, as degs62 suggests, if your boat was anywhere near full.

If that IS the case though, as has already been said, you will NOT all be in one large group, but maybe as many as 5 or 6 groups.

I have been on Nile cruises where the tour groups numbered the max of about 20, but at other times as few as 8, so I suspect that your group size will fall somewhere within that range also, thereby presenting no problems when it comes to seeing things, or hearing your guide, etc.

cheshire
Level Contributor
115 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 100 Tourists on a site visit!?!

Thank you, my friends - I am much reassured.

We were told that the boat had only a few cabins left when we booked, but I realise that may have just been sales-talk. The boat may indeed not be full up.

However, after what you have all so kindly told me, I will not worry about pushing to the front to see and hear!!

8. Re: 100 Tourists on a site visit!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 22:17