We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Luxor

Aberdare, United...
Level Contributor
92 posts
174 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Luxor

Does anyone know if the Sheraton allow gents to wear knee length shorts while dining in the evening? thanks

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Luxor

I have stayed at the Sheraton 3 times now and it is a lovely hotel but have always gone B&B. My personal view on the knee length shorts is that they will not say anything but I think it would be nice to follow convention and wear smart but casual and wear long trousers.

Phil

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,266 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Luxor

Last time we were at the Sheraton Italian restaurant there were several men wearing cutoffs or knee shorts. I think it would be different in the indoor restaurants.

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
356 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Luxor

Hi,

Phil is probably right in that if you did wear shorts they wouldn't say anything. I have stayed at the Sheraton several times and have only ever saw shorts worn for dinner on a couple of occasions and only in the Italian restaurant.

Other diners may not appreciate your wardrobe choice.

Vince.

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Luxor

I agree with the advice given above. I feel it would also broadly apply to restaurants in town - though more so in hotel restaurants, and definitely in hotels like the Sheraton.

UK
Level Contributor
187 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Luxor

We are just leaving Sheraton today Been there for 1 week yes you can wear shorts for dining it's very nice there the hotel is only 30 percent full at moment so worth the upgrade to Nile view good value. If u need any other info pm me I will be doing review on return to uk

6. Re: Sheraton Luxor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 12:18