We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive hotels ?

Which Luxor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
all inclusive hotels ?

hi, can anyone tell me if there are any good all inclusive hotels in luxor, we were thinking of going between feb and apr next year but all i have been able to find are B&b with an option to upgrade to hb or fb.

lincoln
Level Contributor
518 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive hotels ?

B,B is best as there are so many places to eat

Bedfordshire
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
2,492 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive hotels ?

The Pyramisa Isis and the Iberotel do it by booking independantly, just looked on travelsupermarket.

But I would not recommend it, there are some lovely restaurants in Luxor and you will find the food very repetative at the hotel. The main part of our entertainment in the evening is going out for a meal. I would be very bored staying in the hotel all evening.

Phil

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive hotels ?

I would also recommend B & B as even half board and full board can get very repetitive in the hotels. There are many restaurants in Luxor that sell reasonably priced meals from local to westernised to fast food like Macdonalds!!

There are restaurant reviews here on TA (left side of page - click on 'restaurants' written in green), or go to www.luxortraveltips.com where you will also find reviews plus maps of Luxor that will show you where the restaurants and hotel are situated.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all inclusive hotels ?

ok thanks for the replies, was looking at AL cos we have an 11yo and its more for the drinks, you know what kids are like! :)

Coventry
Level Contributor
258 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: all inclusive hotels ?

It is so cheap to buy soft drinks from the supermarket, that it really isn't worth paying for all inclusive just for that. Wwhy be tied with meal times and food when there is so much choice. Go B and b......you wont regret it!!!

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: all inclusive hotels ?

Absolutely agree with the others. Go B&B and then explore local eateries and buy some drinks and snacks from local supermarkets and shops.

If your intentions are purely a hotel based holiday - just lazing by the pool and not really leaving the hotel - then Luxor possiblyy isn't for you, especially with an 11 year old. The likelyhood of there being many other children the same age are pretty slim.

Please don't misunderstand me, Luxor is great for all ages but you do need to get out and about to appreciate and enjoy all it has to offer.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
370 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: all inclusive hotels ?

Hi, thanks for the replies again, i can say that no we were not planning to just relax round the pool, well not all the time anyway ;)

The main reason for us going is to have a look about the place, visit some of the museums etc see what sort of day trips there are to places like The Valley of the Kings etc.

If we were coming to do nothing but pool/beach etc then i would go back to sharm ive been a couple of times, or maybe the Makadi Bay area id like to try there too! :)

PS, i know there is no beach in Luxor, i like to try and research a place before i go make sure i dont miss out on anything!

England, United...
Level Contributor
5,691 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: all inclusive hotels ?

Blaupunkt74,

It's good that you have done/are doing your research. Unfortunately, all too many people don't and then arrive in Luxor totally disorientated because they do not have the holiday they were expecting. Then they make lot's of loud complaints all over the place as though it was other peoples fault!

LOL! Glad you've discovered there's no beach - but there's still plenty of sand! ;-0 hee hee.

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: all inclusive hotels ?

I think B & B is the best way to go. So many eating opportunities in Luxor its really not worth being tied down to the hotel especially if the food isn't great.

south wales UK
Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: all inclusive hotels ?

Hi, we have booked for all Inc at iberotel next July, we have too teens and one is extremely picky!!!! , it wasn't much more than b&b, we felt we would cover the extra in drinks, ice creams etc, lots of people advised against all Inc but, just because we have booked it doesn't mean we will eat every meal in the hotel, I'm not one of the " I've paid for it so I'm eating it" gang. All Inc usually works well for us,

You have to go with what works for you, especially when travelling with kids, there is some excellent info on here, have a fab holiday, whatever you choose, claire